Monday, August 28, 2006

Cupcakes, balloons and sunshine!

My baby girl is three today! And I cannot figure where the time has gone. Wasn't it just yesterday that I held that tiny little bundle with the furry ears in my arms. Now she is so big, she can count all the way to twenty-ten (just another way of saying 30), she can draw wonderful pictures, she can pick a most delightful bunch of flowers and even fill a vase of water for them all by herself. She tells me that she is NOT an angel, she is a special princess. She is the daughter I had never imagined. She has golden curls and big blue eyes and looks nothing like me at all, but she is better than anything I could have wished for.

As for a party up-date, I nearly cried with joy when I woke up on Friday morning to sunshine. Thursday rained and Saturday was gloomy but Friday morning the sun broke through long enough for our little celebration in the park. The weather even warmed up enough so that she could take off her wrap and show off her special party dress. Lottie was delighted that her friends were coming to seperate (celebrate) with her. And mummy and daddy were relieved we didn't end up with a house full of children. I don't think our tiny ramshackle cottage could have coped. But it was a wonderful morning and Lottie has been counting down since Friday until she turns 'real 3' not just 'party 3'.

Here she is at 'party 3'


And this morning waking up for the first time being 'real 3'. What an absolute doll!!

12 comments:

brazen's crafts said...

gorgeous! happy birthday lottie!!! xxx

Cass said...

Ingrid - glad the day turned out sunny. Have a great day today. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

Marie said...

What an adorable little girl. Happy birthday Lottie

Andrea said...

Happy birthday to Lottie! I am glad you got sunshine and she was able to show of her wonderful dress.
I loved your description of your beautiful daughter, made me go ahh! Have a great time spoiling her today.

Helen said...

Happy 3rd birthday Lottie! 3 is a great age Ingrid, so much fun!

candi said...

Oh Ingrid, she is just precious!

Leah said...

I agree - what an absolute doll!
Happy Birthday!!
x

ingrid said...

Thank-you for all your kind birthday wishes. She told me at lunch she is not a little girl anymore, she is a young lady, lol. I think she has been listening to my parents.

marianne said...

Happy birthday to an absolute cutie...of course the sun must shine on her birthday "seperation"..how could it dare not!

jill said...

What a beauty! Happy Birthday.

Clair said...

Happy birthday Lottie darlin. You look like such a princess in your party dress. I'm so glad the sun came out for you :)

Belinda said...

Ingrid the dress looked gorgeous and the wrap cardigan looked perfect with it!