Thursday, August 10, 2006

Party invitations


I spent this morning making the invitations for Lotties 3rd birthday party. We have decided to go very small this year and just have a few friends to the park for morning tea. Cupcakes, fairy bread and a fruit platter for the kids. And the mums will have to fend for themselves and venture to the coffee shop if they want anything. I just cannot see myself dragging supplies down for the grownups as well. Of course they are welcome to a piece of fairy bread or a cupcake, but that's about all.
Fingers crossed the day will be beautiful and sunny as I don't have a back-up plan.





I found these fantastic illustrations in an old children's book I picked up for 50c at my local op-shop, called 'The Magic Umbrella' . Although the images are just gorgeous, the story was sadly lacking, so I felt none of my usual guilt upon tearing out the pages and cutting them up. It was all for a good cause, and Lottie is delighted with them. I tried to find some nice yellow envelopes without those darn ugly postcode boxes, but had no luck. So instead I am addressing the front of some white ones and Lottie is drawing a picture of herself on the back. She started doing happy faces with arms and legs a few months ago, and now we decorate everything with her little works of art. They always make me smile.

4 comments:

brazen's crafts said...

too cute!

Helen said...

Ingrid, these are gorgeous!!!! Have you sewn them on? I can see a little white border so am wondering....

ingrid said...

Yes I stitch them on. I don't think it's too good for the sewing machine though. I have been making cards like this for a while now. They are so much nicer and cheaper than the store bought ones.

Apron Thrift Girl said...

These are so beautiful. What a great idea. I am throwing a vintage style circus party for my daughter in January. I think I'll try to find some old cirucs paper and use this idea for the invitation.