Monday, September 11, 2006

Goodies Galore!

Who would have thought a trip to Spotlight would have inspired me to get sewing again. After making Lottie's birthday dress I packed up the sewing machine, spring cleaned the house and just could not get my motivation back to get sewing again. I have so many things that need doing but I just couldn't seem to get started.

Yesterday I dragged myself off in truly dismal wet weather to pop into to the local fabric shop just for some shirring elastic and some easytrace. As usual I was distracted by all the other things and ended up with quite a big haul. Most of it was on sale, so I don't feel too badly about having a little splurge. And guess what! I came home and finally got the machine out. I made a softie and few other little surprises for a sweet new baby named Jackson. No pics yet as I won't be able to send them off until tomorrow and I want to surprise his mumma.

Here are pics of my haul from yesterday. This first one is a remnant but it looks to be about 2 metres and was only $2. I am thinking I will make mister monster a pair of shorts with this. At first I wasn't sure if it was a bit too girly, but the more I look at it the more I like it for a boy.



This one is just gorgeous. I am so in love with bird prints for this summer. This is sure to be something for Lottie. sorry about the sideways pic, blogger is not my friend today.



And spots, spots, spots! I LOVE all the spots that are around this season. Spotlight normally has such a boring selection, so I was thrilled when I stumbled on these.

These next two are rather boring but they were only $1 a metre. The pink is a cord that I will put away to make pants for Lottie next winter and the black/pink print is a nice weight cotton with a stretch in it. I am hoping that it will make a nice a-line skirt for me. I haven't really made much for myself before. But at $1 a metre I can afford to have a play around and it won't matter if I stuff it up.

And lastly these adorable elephants! I think this is up there with the pink bird print as my favourite. It is a really soft flanalette, so will end up as pyjamas for next winter. I just love love love these elephants. They are so seventies, so I guess they remind me of my childhood.

So there you go. Normally I find Spotlight full of boring uninspiring fabrics, but I was rather pleased with yesterday's goodies. Now let's just hope the motivation hangs around long enough for me to actually turn them into something!

6 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, great buying. I was hoping to get to SL today but am sick so just off to my OB appointment. Might see how I feel after that. I love the elephant one as well.

Leah said...

I love love love the butterfly one! I am obsessed with butterflies!
Can't wait to see your creations!

Belinda said...

I love the spots!!

ingrid said...

How funny Leah, I didn't even notice the butterflies until you pointed them out. I must be going blind! I was just so excited over the little birds and lovely flowers that I missed the butterflies altogether.

brazen's crafts said...

ohhh lucky you!

if you get back tehre and find more of the bird / butterfly one please get some for me!!! please please!!

LOVE the elephants too, very cool

ingrid said...

They had about three rolls of it Brazen so hopefully it will still be there on the w/end and I will try and get you some :)