Monday, September 04, 2006

Memory and more

My to-do list for September seems to be growing at an alarming rate. I seem to always add things but never cross them off. So this week I have changed tactics. I have a spring cleaning schedule for the week and I am not even going to look at or stress about all the other sewing and crafty related things I need to do. Hopefully once the house is clean and in a bit more order then everything else will just fall into place. Maybe I am dreaming but surely it has got to be easier to be more productive when you don't have to wrestle with piles of ironing and stacks of toys and books just to get to your sewing space.

I did have a few thrifty finds on the weekend. But I restrained myself and only bought fabrics or linen that I could see an immediate use for. The first is a lovely soft watermelon terry which I am going to make Lottie a pair of beach shorts with and also a matching top if I have enough. The next is a nice sunny yellow floral sheet. Lottie just adores yellow, she has even been know to walk around the house singing "I love yellow, I love yellow". And I hardly ever seem to find much nice yellow fabric. So this sheet is destined to be a twirl skirt and and least one little dress for her. And lastly there is a lovely hot pink stretchy type fabric. I was planning a trip to spotlight to choose a fabric to make the Ottobre wrap top, but this will do nicely instead. The two fabric remnants were 50c each and the sheet only $1. I love a bargain!




And then there was one little indulgence for me. I say 'indulgence', as part of my spring cleaning plan is to not bring home any more 'stuff' until I have all my existing 'stuff' sorted. Anyhoo, I found this fabulous 1966 memory game and couldn't resist. When I got it home I discovered it has all the pieces, which I couldn't believe, so I counted them twice. I just love all the images. I originally had lots of ideas of what I would do with the all the cards, but now that I know the set is complete it seems a shame to break it up. And it was only 50c. It is my favourite find of the weekend.



8 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, that stuff is all beautiful. Where do you find all these bargins. I am checking out a charity shop on my way home from work today so hopefully I can find some great stuff. My local one had nothing when I was there the other day.

brazen's crafts said...

bargains!!!

just LOVE the memory set, what a lucky find!

Cass said...

Ingrid, I was going to ask do you havea pattern for the shorts or are you just adjusting the easy pants pattern?

jill said...

Always a thrill when you can find all the orginal pieces at a thrift shop! Aren't the older games more fun somehow?

ingrid said...

Hmmm Cass, I haven't decided yet. I do have a shorts pattern, but it is a lot more fiddly than the easy pants. In fact there may even be a shorts pattern in the book that has the easy pants, so I will have to have a look. But otherwise I will just adjust the easy pants. It should be pretty easy.

Helen said...

Ingrid, love that memory game! Its beautiful! I can see some card making coming up for you but like you said, would be a shame to break up the set....

Clair said...

oh i am so jelous lol. that game is devine, and so is that yellow fabric. You lucky thing :)

tams said...

I had that game when I was a little girl! Most of the pieces are missing now though. What a trip back in time that was