Wednesday, October 04, 2006

More Fabric!

More fabric, this time from Atomic Textiles. They have such wonderful things I could go crazy there. I am rather pleased with this selection as it was being sold as a combined lot as they are all end of roll odd lengths, so nice and cheap. I mainly chose it for the zoo print, but the others are great too, and they are prints I would probably not have otherwise chosen, but I am very excited about using them. And the best part is that I have been complaining a lot lately about not finding enough 'boy' prints, and 3 out of 4 of these are just perfect for projects for my littlest man.

This first one is a beautiful bold floral. the print is huge, so this is only a small section of it. If I am brave enough to try the shirring again I will make this into a simple little sundress for Lottie.

This is a fabulous retro tv print. I am thinking this will be yet another pair of shorts for mister monster with enough left over for some applique.

This one is my favourite I think. I would love to make a little collared shirt for mister monster with it, but my past attempts at shirts haven't been too successful. He has quite a few olive green shorts for summer though so it would look fabulous as a shirt. Hmmm, I will have to wait and see.

And lastly the zoo print. I already have a smaller piece of this which I was planning on making a cushion cover with or maybe adding to a drawstring bag. But this piece is big enough for me to stretch over 1 or 2 small canvases. So they may end up hanging on the wall if mister monster ever gets his own bedroom.

4 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, they look great. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

novy said...

I love the zoo fabric. I was looking at the Atomic Textiles website a little while ago, and was seeing if there was anything nice there. I liked the zoo pattern too.

Andrea said...

Great fabric Ingrid, can't wait to see what you have in mind!

tigerfilly said...

Hi Ingrid - I love the TV one, reminds me of the Jetsons. I have the zoo print in a primary colours version.