Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas dress take two

Some of you may remember my woes about not fitting into my clothes, and my challenge to be able to make this dress for myself for the Christmas party season. Well I am sorry to report that not only am I no where near my goal, but I have decided that my love affair with baking and eating all things delicious is more important than making myself feel guilty for my lack of self control. So here is the pattern number two for my Christmas dress. It is an original 1952 Vogue reprint, bought on sale for $10. Isn't it just devine! Now to find the perfect fabric and get a hurry along or I just know it will not be ready to wear on Christmas day.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern...plan on doing lots of twirling??? Does it comes with a tulle petticoat as well?

Debby said...

How pretty!!!!! I think you will be very happy making a reissued vintage pattern, sizing is better. What color are you thinking of?

ingrid said...

I would love a petticoat Marie, but I don't think it's a good idea in the summer heat.
Debby, I'm not sure on fabrics. I had a little look on the weekend and didn't really see anything I really liked. Ideally I would like a print but I will have to wait and see.