Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mess and Flowers

Mess mess and more mess. That is how I would describe my sewing space at the moment. Underneath it all lies the dining room table, which sadly no one dines at because of all the mess. But all that will change after Christmas. I am asking Santa to bring a lovely big set of shelves from ikea, the expedit ones, if anyone is interested. I think it will be perfect to hold not only all my sewing and craft things, but also to house the children's books on the bottom sheves as well as some of my more special vintage childrens books on the higher shelves where little hands cannot reach them. So the point of this pic, as embarrassing as it is, is to be the 'before' picture and in Janurary I will proudly post the 'after' pic.




So that covers the inside of my house at the moment and now to the outside. I am no gardener or photograher either, but I just had to share this little beauty. I was so thrilled this morning to see that our trees have started flowering, I think they are gardenias, but I can't remember. My mother in law helped us plant them last year, but they were looking rather sad after so much dry weather. Then last week buds popped up all over them and then this morning this! Isn't it just beautiful!


 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Bec Clarke said...

I

Bec Clarke said...

I have a sewing room and it still is totally messy with all the other stuff that has no home. You will know a Gardenia by the smell. They have the most lovely light flowery fragrance. It's just heavenly. Lucky you.
Bec

Cass said...

I have a sewing table and it still gets messy. I have these urges every now and then to clean it up. The flower looks beautiful

Kylie said...

I am glad that my dining room table is not the only one to look like this. LOL - mind you it is only allowed to look like that whe DH is away! Lucky for me he is away for long peroids at a time!
I have asked santa for a sewing table/horn cabnet - something. Can't wait to see the Jan pics???
Kylie

Helen said...

Ingrid, what a colourful mess! I recognize some of those fabrics from our softies you sent us! :)

Debby said...

Nothing like a pretty mess. I only have a sewing corner in the kitchen. It starts out so nice and neat. By the days end, it is all messed up again. Even though messy I bet you can find everything faster than when it is all cleaned up. I know I do.

lotusutol said...

random comments. I have the same plant in my front yard. It is a magnolia and it has a yummy almost edible scent!