Friday, November 10, 2006

Sewing Delights

I have been absolutely spoilt lately by my friend Bec. A few weeks ago she gave me some vintage patterns and this wonderful book . I had heard of it referred to as 'the sewing bible' and looked at a few copies on ebay before, but the postage was always such a killer as it is such an enormous book. It is jammed packed full of wonderful info like how to correctly attach ruffles and collars and even descriptions of all sorts of fabrics and their uses. I have been spending my evenings pouring over the pages and planning new projects that I would never have dared tackle before. Ahhhh, sewing heaven!



And then today I found the postman had delivered a big fat package full of more vintage patterns. There is everything from womens wear to childrens wear and even softies! It is amazing to have friends that not only know how to pick the perfect gift but take the time and effort to think of you for no special reason at all, just because they are your friends. Thank you Bec, you made my day.



And lastly a little sneak peek at some things I have been working on lately. Hopefully they will be all finished this weekend and in the shop early next week.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Becca Boomsticks said...

Ohhhh Ingrid, it was my absolute pleasure!! You are a total sweetheart, you deserved the gifts!

novy said...

You are lucky to have such a wonderful friend. Gosh, you are going to be so busy with all those patterns. The one for your shop, I think you made something for a swap with that pattern once before? It looks familiar.

ingrid said...

Thanks Bec :-)
Novy, I actually passed the one I used in the swap on to Candi. This one does have a similar ruffle sleeve but is more of a dress, whereas the other one was apron style.

Cass said...

Ingrid, lucky you. That book looks great I will have to have a look as I need all the help I can get

Purps said...

I think I'm going to steal my mums bible Ingrid :) I had forgotten about it.
I Love the pink fabric!

lolliegirl said...

Oh you are so lucky to have such a lovely, generous friend. Those patterns look great! I love the womans ones!!!