Monday, November 13, 2006

Something else for the wardrobe

Now there is absolutely no need for yet another smock top in Lotties wardrobe. In fact I don't even know if another one will fit. But I just cannot give this little beauty away. I started making it for the shop as I have had quite a few requests for more after the vintage rose one sold, but I just cannot part with this. I love the fabric so much. It is just the most beautiful green imaginable and even though it was originally a vintage tablecloth, there was not one mark or flaw on it.

I am hopeful that there will be just enough fabric left so that I can make another one for the shop, but this one will be squeezed in the wardrobe whether it is needed or not.

These photos of Lottie make me quite sad. She is growing up way too fast and these remind me that she really is a little girl and not a baby at all anymore.


Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

novy said...

It is lovely! I love the green too, it really stands out. A girl can never have too many clothes too.

Bec Clarke said...

That is just lovely. Your daughter is a lovely little girl too.

Natalie said...

Another gorgeous top Ingrid, I can see why you HAVE to keep it - the fabric is just lovely and Lottie is too (of course!) I'm the same with Jai, he really is a little boy now - especially in his new camo outfit (I had to put a pair of overalls on him today to make him look young again lol!)

Cass said...

Ingrid it is beautiful. I lvoe that style I think I will give it a go for Charlotte as it will be looser over her pudgy tummy.

Andrea said...

Oh Ingrid, I would have to keep it also. It is just beautiful. I love the greens, they really suit Charlotte. It is a gorgeous pattern, is it vintage?

brazen's crafts said...

i adore it!

lolliegirl said...

That is a gorgeous top. I probably wouldn't be able to part with it either!!

ingrid said...

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone. Yes, the pattern is a vintage one I use a fair bit. I have had to adjust the armholes and lengthen the skirt part as it was just teeny tiny for a size 4.

Helen said...

Oh Ingrid, its a lovely print! Its such a sweet top, I'm glad you kept it. Grace looks stunning in the rose print one you made. Still have to send you a pict! :)

marianne said...

Lottie really does look all-of-a-sudden grown up in these photos...I can understand the sadness...I sometimes get the same feeling when I look at Rose with her long thin arms and legs ( she's going through a spider stage at present!)or Charlie with her "big girl's" bob. Still my babies though!

marianne said...

oh and I forgot to say that the top is simply divine.....

Debby said...

That top is great. Yes, you have to keep it, the color looks so nice on her.

Claire Falkigham said...

Just gorgeous Ingrid - where did you get this pattern?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Top! She looks so sweet :)