Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Another Christmas Over

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas with lots of pudding and presents and family time spent together. I must say that even though I enjoyed the excitement and rush of Christmas day I am relieved that it is all over for another year. There was so much I had planned that I just didn't have time for, so next year I plan to start my preparations much earlier.

Here are a few Christmas day moments of my two littlest ones. My biggest one likes to keep his identity a secret. Here is Lottie intent on enjoying a delicious portugese custard tart.


And here is Mister Monster in the aftermath of a green Christmas lolly that some thoughtful relative gave him to chew on.


And I just had to share my most favourite Chrismas present of all. It was given to Lottie but she has to share it with me. Any Charlie and Lola fans will know how delightful Lauren Child is, and this book is no exception. It is sure to become a bedtime favourite. It is spellbinding!


And last of all a little pic of the secret santa package I sent to Kylie which arrived safely just in time for Christmas. She has been very busy moving house so I hope she doesn't mind me posting a few pics. There was also a bundle of ric rac in the package but I forgot to put it in the photograph.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ingrid, I love the photos. Did you make the portuguese custard tarts? I have tried unsuccessfully a few times. That book looks beautiful and I love the package you sent to Kylie

Anonymous said...

I remember reading The Princess and the Pea when I was young, I wonder if it is the same book? Love what you sent to Kylie and I had a laugh when I saw Will.

ingrid said...

No I didn't make the tarts Cass. My sister inlaw drove an hour across town to pick them up from 'the' best potugese custard tart shop in Sydney. They were delicious!
Novy, the book is a retelling of the fairy tale with beautiful minature scenes captured as illustrations. It really is an amazingly beautiful book.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you had a great day, and what a great package for Kylie! I'm hoping to catch up with her one day - we'll only be about an hour away now she's in Pucka.

Helen said...

Ingrid, we loooooove Charlie and Lola in this house! I haven't seen this book though, looks like a treasure! :)

Andrea said...

Your day sounds delightful Ingrid. Love the photos and the book sounds amazing.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos - you can almost taste those tarts and see the gusto they are being eaten with!

Anonymous said...

Ingrid,

Looks as though you had a great Christmas. Thanks so much for the SS pacage - I love it and cant wait to make something with it all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.. I will be checking out yours now as well.. looks like you all had a great christmas..

Happy New Year