Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Christmas Dress

After quite a bit of frustration I have finally finished Lottie's Christmas dress. I used a vintage pattern that was missing the instruction sheet which wasn't really a problem except that I made a few changes along the way. The pattern called for a zipper, but I had my heart set on buttons. After lots of fiddling about with the back of the dress I decided to add a tie to diguise the little bulge in the back where the bodice panels crossed over and the skirt didn't. I am so glad I did as it makes the whole dress a much better fit.



I originally had planned to make this using the Alexander Henry Paloma bird print, but then I remembered I had this lovely Girlfriends by Sis Boom print stashed away and thought it was much more Christmassy. The colour didn't come out very well in these pics. It is not as bright as in the first and not as dull as in the second.


Overall I am really pleased with how it has come out and more importantly Lottie loves it. She didn't want to take it off after these pics, but I convinced her to hang it up on a special hanger in her wardrobe to keep it nice for our big family lunch on Chritsmas Day. And I feel very relieved to finally be able to cross at least one thing of my Christmas List. Now let's see what's next..........Yikes, I think it is time to start wrapping!
 Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one beautiful Christmas dress. She looks gorgeous wearing it. Great work Ingrid!

Anonymous said...

Ingrid, as usual it looks fantastic, well done.

Leah said...

Um wow - Ingrid - you AMAZE me! I love everything you are doing. Too clever!

Belinda said...

That is so beautiful!! I love the colour and the shape.

Helen said...

Ingrid, it looks beautiful!!! Love the fabric!

Natalie said...

Oh wow Ingrid, that dress is just stunning!!!! I've seen that fabric before but would not have thought to use it for a dress, but it just looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Ingrid, it is stunning! We are now expecting a top of... 18(!) for christmas day, so I am not sure how the dress I had planned is going to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ingrid - that is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen! And the colour just suits her perfectly.

Nichola said...

What a beautiful dress!

Andrea said...

Oh Ingrid, that dress is just so adorable. I love the fabric and the design. I bet you can sit back now and love it, eventhough it gave you so much grief at the time!

Anonymous said...

This dress is beautiful you did a fantastic job...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dress! She looks lovely. The fabric is fantastic!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

such a sweet dress!! Thanks for posting this beauty..all my best, Jennifer