Friday, December 15, 2006

How many days left???

I am so terribly behind this Christmas. It seems as though I will never get everything bought, baked, wrapped or sent in time. There just isn't enough hours in the day. I seem to spend hours pondering over my lists and crazily running around shopping centres when all I want to do is sit down to a cup of coffee and make some of these.

But I guess everyone must be as busy as me because I have picked up some wonderful bargains on ebay lately. All of which I got for much less than what they usually go for. So maybe that is my problem, I am busy browsing ebay while others are ticking things off their Christmas lists. Oh well, at least I have these to brighten up my day.

First is this wonderful selection of vintage patterns. I am just loving the little sundress with bonnet and also the apron. Hopefully I will be able to try them out soon.




Next are these Enid Gilchrist pattern books. I have been after the play clothes one for months now and it was worth the wait as I picked up all three for less than I was willing to pay for just that one.




And lastly, this devine piece of polished cotton. I am so in love with this. I am always a fan of polished cotton, I love its texture and crispness. And this piece has such lovely colours. I think I will tuck it away in my stash until I find the perfect project for it.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Debby said...

I love all those patterns and pattern books. Glad you thought the doll looked like the doll from misfit toys too. Maybe this summer I can make her the dress like the one in the show.

Anonymous said...

Ingrid I so understand the crazy list syndrome. It makes ya feel all warm inside to make/bake pressies for everone, but the stress of the deadline plus the heat and throw in the kids and it can get to ya. Chill with a drink and do what you can.

Andrea said...

They look like great patterns Ingrid, well done on getting some bargains!

I am a list writer too and I am sure I thought I had my Christmas shopping all done just because I had written it down!

Clair said...

i adore that pajama pattern that's tucked in behind. I have been looking for a vintage pj pattern for ages. Looks very sweet.
I am also a list writer, and last min shopper. It's terrible isn't it. We don't need that much stress this time of year lol. Hope you get everything you need. :)

Anonymous said...

Ingrid great buys can't wait to see what you make. I just found out yesterday that my elderly neighbour used to have heaps of those Enid Gilchrist books that she gave away to another elderly friend, damn.

Helen said...

10 days left to go Ingrid, but only 9 are actually shopping days! Love the polished cotton, I had never heard of that term before, is it shiney?

Anonymous said...

You picked up some great things there. I love them all, can't wait to see what you sew with them.