Thursday, December 07, 2006

Vintage Gauchos

I am just loving this style of pant this summer, both for the kids and me. It so cool and comfy and great for pyjama bottoms too. I made this pair for Lottie yesterday using a gorgeous vintage fabric that the sweet but blogless Brenda sent me. I have used it a lot lately for softies but was saving one big piece to make these pants and I am so happy with how they have turned out. I don't think I could have gone wrong though with such a gorgeous print and such a great pattern to work with. I will be making quite a few more pairs, as Lottie is heading off to kindergarten next year and needs pants that she can easily manage to get up and down herself, and these are just the trick. To top off the outfit I made another yoyo and vintage button hairclip. These are so quick and easy, I think there will be quite a few in stockings and under the tree this Christmas.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely fabric to work with. Love the clip too.

Andrea said...

The pants look great and the clip ties it altogether nicely.
What pattern are the pants, or are they easy pants? They look just perfect for kindy.

ingrid said...

Thanks girls, Andrea they are a much wider shorter leg than the easy pants. There is a better pic of a pair in the shop. It is a pattern a friend gave me and I adjusted it to make it even wider.

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric and the pants. I am guessing you could probably widen the easy pats pattern too?

Natalie said...

Gorgeous pants and hair clip - the fabric is just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ingird thy look fantastic.

I am in love with yoyo's at the moment as well - in case you couldn't tell. And oh how I love having a little girl with hair that I can put them in...

Debby said...

What cute pants. And even more impressive, a very clean white top.

Anonymous said...

They are just beautiful, and so is the cherub wearing them :)

Anonymous said...

love what you've made with that fabric Ingrid, super dooper cute!!