Monday, January 22, 2007

83 Cookies

Look at these little treasures. My mother in law gave me a cookie press/icing set for Christmas and I love it. This was my first attempt and the cookie dough wasn't really the right consistency to squeeze out the press evenly, but I am still happy with how they came out. And they were delicious too. The recipe called for almond essence, but I used orange instead as that was what I had in the cupboard and I think it worked even better as it cut through the buttery richness a bit. They are only tiny. One batch of dough made 83 cookies!




I am sure to be baking lots more cookies this year than ever before, so if any one has a yummy cookies recipie to share I would love try some new ones out. Only thing is it needs to be a smooth dough with no chunks in order to squeeze out the press. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ingrid, they look yummy. Looks like you are bringing morning tea next time we meet LOL

Anonymous said...

They look scrumptious! I am a big baker (in more ways than one! :)) so I'll have to send you some recipes.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm Ingrid! They almost look too good to eat!!

Natalie said...

Cute cookies Ingrid, I've been looking at those presses for awhile now, but haven't bought one yet! I have a cookie recipe that I use all the time, very good for the kids to make the playdough style cookies, so it should be smooth enough for the press to. I'll send it to you.

Anonymous said...

83 biscuits? I feel tired just thinking about it! I have plenty of recipes to share but all mine involve the lazy way of baking - where there's no rolling and cutting involved. Oh unless it's christmas and I'm making ginger bread. So if you want my (I mean Donna Hay's) gingerbread recipe let me know!

marianne said...

these are the sweetest cookies I ever did see! Maybe if you sent a tin off to the teachers at kindy for their morning tea, they might turn a blind eye to the odd homebake treat slipped into Lottie's lunchbox! Perhaps they'd even change the rules!