Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Sunday

Well not much sewing has been done lately, but at least I was able to get out thrifting yesterday afternoon to give me a little inspiration. And I have decided there truly is no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than having a peaceful rummage through my local St Vincent de Paul. They seem to get a lot of things in on Saturday and Sunday so there is often piles of things being brought out while I am there. Any one who thrifts and op-shops will know that being the first through the pile is the best way to get the bargains. Ahhh it was thrifting Heaven!!!

Here is a little selection of my goodies. This pile of linen is going to be my inspiration for the new items for the lottielulu shop. The bottom one is a huge kingsize bedsheet in fabulous condition with a devine green rose print. I love, love, love it! It will be sundresses and smock tops I think. And the top one is the softest thickest flanalette, perfect for some snuggly warm pants.




A few weeks ago I had afternoon tea at a friends place and underneath the glasses of lemonade and plates of cookies was the most fabulous tray. I was beside myself when I found this one which is almost indentical, and it was only $4!!!!! It is a lovely patterned stainless steel and glass. It is so pretty it makes me want to whip up some tiny chicken sandwhices and teacakes and invite someone over now.


When I walked in the door with my bundle of treasures these books were perched on top and my husbands first words when he saw me were, "Not MORE books". I am afraid the answer is a big fat YES. You can never have too many books. The top one is my favourite, the illustrations are just so vibrant and lovely and the story is pretty sweet too.


So after my little shopping expedition we took the kids for a bike ride around Narrabeen Lakes and an ice cream at the boatshed. Then later on they swam in the pool until they were exhausted. We bundled them in towels and ate barbequed salmon for dinner before putting them down for an early nights sleep. All was quiet by 7pm so I was able to watch Project Runway and ShakespeaRe-told in peace. Now that is a happy Sunday. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, great buys. I am definitely coming down to your op-shops on my op-shopping day!

Helen said...

Oh Ingrid, you always score the most beautiful retro fabrics in your op shop hunts! And I agree, you can never have too many books! :)

Kylie said...

Ingrid, YOu alway seem to have the best op shop days and finds - There is only one in my new home and no-one seeems to be crafty (or they keep everything) I might just have to plan a trip to Sydney! hehe

Hannahmania said...

Ingrid - we have the same platter. lol

Leah said...

What a fabulous day! Thrifting - how lovely. And you got some great finds there.

clair said...

Oh my i am so jealous of your fabric finds. I walked into three separate op shops this morning and came out with nothing... absolutly nothing...

Corrie said...

gee is that brookvale vinnies???? I go down there but guess I need to get my butt down there more often! I'm jealous!!!! and the tray! I love their kitchenware down there! so many bargains!!!!
oh and project runway - who do you think will win!!! I'm tipping michael but I'd like to see uli or laura

Corrie:)