Monday, February 26, 2007

A sweet little sundress

I finally got around to using the border print fabric that so many of my sewing friends seem to have used this season, except I ended up cutting off the border. I loved the way the floral worked with the bright orange spot and to leave the border on would have been too much even for me. I ended up using the snipped off border as a ribbon tie on the giftwrapping for this dress, which was a birthday gift for our sweet little friend Caity.




And why oh why do I always think I know better than the pattern instructions? I used this adorable vintage sundress pattern but silly me thought that I had a much better way of doing the ties and button holes on the back. Of course it was only after the button holes for the ties had been cut open that I realised my way was far from better. So sadly the back does not sit as well as it should, but I am still happy with how it has turned out. I really enjoyed making this pattern so next time I will do it the patterns way and hopefully get it right. I may even make up the bonnet. Isn't it adorable!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Joanne said...

Ingrid, this has got to be one of my favourite SL prints, and I love how you've put this together - beautiful as always!

Kylie said...

Ingrid - I love the material and the pattern. LOL at thinking that you knew better! I love the bonnet too and the little pants. Oh how lovely.

Cass said...

Ingrid, a lovely dress and nice to see a different use for "that" material

tigerfilly said...

Oh Ingrid, that is the sweetest little pattern! Those dots really set off that fabric too.

Helen said...

Ingrid, I love the use of that hot orange with spots! Looks great! :)

novy said...

Oh, that is just beautiful! I am in love with it :)

Andrea said...

Oh Ingrid, you have done it again. That combination is just great.

I loved your photos too.

Debby said...

Use to always have the girls wear a bonnet. Very cute little dress.