Wednesday, February 14, 2007

somebody loves me

Well dear Mr Big and I both forgot Valentines this year. He did bring home a bunch of imaginary flowers though, and I told him they were lovely and much better for the waistline than the imaginary chocolates I gave him in return.

The wee ones and I did cut out our cheese sandwiches for lunch with a heart shape cookie cutter and there were kisses to be had all round, so St Valentine didn't go completely forgotten.

Then late this afternoon I heard the lovely swish of a package being thrown up to my front door and hitting the flyscreen with a big rattly bang. Normally I would curse as mister monster was just settling into his nap and he is such a light sleeper, but today I couldn't rip open the package quick enough. Inside were the most wonderful goodies from Sam, my eb valentine sewing swap buddy. And boy oh boy was I spoilt. Not only were there vintage patterns (including the sweetest little sailor suit you ever did see!), and gorgeous trims, but also some of the grooviest floral cord that I can't wait to snip into and make something for Lottie. And then she also sent me the tiniest most beautiful buttons. I adore them. I tried to get a good close up but my photography is abysmal and really doesn't do these treasures justice.
Thank-you Sam.

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

3 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, a great package you should have fun with all that

Kylie said...

Cant wait to see what you turn the fabric and brad into - and yes the buttons are so cute...

Claire Falkigham said...

Ingrid, the sailor shorts are great for a little girl just on there own, so 'right now!' love your new stuff too btw, the fabrics are just perfect for what you are making.