Monday, February 12, 2007

Valentine Swap

Could an entry here possibly be more pink? I don't think so! Here is the parcel I sent off as part of the EB Valentines Swap. I was thrilled to find out I was sending my package off to Brazen and I had such fun putting it all together for her. Firstly I saw these adorable cushions here and thought they would be just perfect. One side of the cushion is a lovely vintage floral polished cotton that I used for Lotties Birthday dress, and the other is pink spot with the contrasting floral envelope. What a cute way to leave a little note for your loved one! Oh and trimmed with a bit of ricrac of course.




These pincushions are so so easy to make. On this one I used the same vintage floral with a deep pink wool felt and little vintage buttons. I just love making these and I think this year everyone I know will be getting a pincushion for their birthday whether they need one or not.



I had planned on sending down some of the falling hearts fabric, but when the top I made Lottie with it ended up a touch too small I thought it would be just perfect for brazens Miss Emelia.

And just when you think it could not possible get more pink, I bundled the whole lot up in a crisp pink print and tied it with pink ric rac. I mean if you are not sending chocolate to your Valentine then a little pink indulgence is surely allowed.


8 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, don't know if it's just me but the pics aren't coming up.

ingrid said...

I hope it's all fixed now. I seem to being having problems loading my pics on the new blogger for some reason.

Karen TW said...

and i adore every bit of it!!! thanks again ingrid, you are talented and lovely!

Natalie said...

Wow Ingrid, you've made a lovely V Gift for Brazen! I'm sure she would've been thrilled when she opened it. I love those cushions, what a lovely idea with the envelope pocket - just adorable.

tigerfilly said...

Ingrid you always do such gorgeous little add-on bits. It all looks amazing!

Anna Maria said...

Yay!
Gorgeous job on your pillow-never too much pink.
Have a lovely lovers day! xo,AM

Helen said...

Ingrid, lovely stuff as always! Brazen is a lucky girl! Great pincushion too, I have saved that link. :)

Violet said...

Thanks for your comment on my owls. :-) I Love your cushion and pin cushion. They are Beautiful. And all the lovely clothes you make are adorable. Makes me wish I had a girl. :-)