Thursday, March 08, 2007

I can't wait for Autumn

I am really over all this summer heat. It is March and should be cooling down soon. I cannot wait! And just to get me in the mood I have been stitching up these little autumn sets for the shop. I love the way this cute little tree tee has turned out. I have made Lottie one too. I think it will be perfect with the skirt or with jeans.

Posted by Picasa

One thing I have learned is don't get too excited about the double sided interfacing specials. I went rather overboard when it was last on sale at spotlight as I had plans to do a lot of applique. Well it has all gone a bit strange and one of the iron-on layers is peeling off. So buying 2 metres cheaply and taking forever to use it will cost more than buying 1/2 a metre at a time like I usually do. But I guess it gave me a good excuse to make an extra trip and check out all the new winter fabrics which are starting to arrive.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

The top looks lovely. A hint for storing fusible webbing - seal it in a plastic bag with a packet of "stuff" (desicant??) they put in shoes and tablets to keep them dry and then store in a cool place.

Cass said...

Lovely top Ingrid. Love the tip from Sarah too. I always throw that stuff out now I'll keep it.

ingrid said...

Thanks for the great tip Sarah. I knew I had a reason for saving those little sachets from the shoe box. At the moment they are clogging up my sock drawer.

Andrea said...

The set looks great Ingrid, perfect for autumn.

jorth said...

Hey, that looks ace!

Joanne said...

Love the fabric! Sarah, thanks for the tip re: storing fusible web. I'll have to start keeping those sachets.

sue said...

You make such wonderful little clothes, and the fabrics are just so pretty.

Joh said...

oooh beautiful set - just wish i could afford it atm! drool! :)