Monday, March 26, 2007

Three little stitches

I took these pics yesterday morning and they reveal far too much of my messy house and dirty windows, but Mister monster was in a great mood to model the outfit I made him last week, so I had to run with it. We call him mister television in these as he keeps wanting us to press the buttons on the pictures and then he says "Uh Oh, not working". I just love this fabric and the funky little bootleg style pant, but I made them a touch to short so I will have to re-do the hems.





And see how crisp and white the shirt is. Well it didn't last long.
Yesterday was our first really cold day of autumn so mister monster was running around in socks. He slipped on our wooden floors and split his chin open. It was one of those slow motion moments. I could see it happening but couldn't do anything to prevent it. When Mr Big picked him up he seemed fine but then a few seconds later there was spurt of blood and the howling started. So it was off to the hospital for a three and a half hour wait to see a doctor, because of course these things always happen on a Sunday afternoon when the gp is shut. The poor mite
was in fantastic spirits running around and entertaining everyone until it was his turn. Suffice to say it took two nurses, myself, a doctor and large white sheet to restrain him enough to fix it all up. They were planning 4 stitches but the hysteria was too much so they settled for three and a whole lot of glue. So now that crisp white shirt is covered on blood stains and soaking away in the laundry. And my brave little man is snuggled on the lounge watching Cinderella with his bear.





15 comments:

tigerfilly said...

Ingrid they are absolutely adorable! It is such a sweet age isn't it. I never knew little toddler boys were so charming until I had one of my own ;) Hopefully the stains will come out, maybe if they don't you could dye the shirt, then put another applique over top??

Leah said...

Oh Poor Mister Monster :(
He sounds like a trooper though. Bet you need a stiff dink when he went to bed ?
The outfit is gorgeous, as always.

sue said...

Beautiful outfit, pity about the blood on it though but I am sure a bit of a soak will clear it all out. Ooh those stitches look very sore, and kids always seem to injure themselves at that age dont they.

Marie said...

Love the groovy fabric Ingrid. Good idea having an applique on the back as well as the front.

Bowznstuff said...

ooo excellent outfit - love the groovy pants - poor little guy - hope he heels up soon :)

Cass said...

Ingrid, love that outfit. I love the applique on the back as well.

Liv said...

What an adorable set. Lovely.
Poor mister monster. When my DD was 18 months she split her lip. Needed 1 stitch..they sedated her (she was 'awake' but asleep)... did they give you an option of sedation? I was told by hospital it is better for littlies as it is less traumatic.

Helen said...

Oh Ingrid! Poor Will!!! Poor you too! His outfit looks fantastic though, hope he can wear it again without stirring up memories for you all. :)

Andrea said...

The outfit looks great Ingrid, I love the touch on the back of the shirt too.
I hope Mister Monster is feeling a whole lot better today.

Violet & Rose said...

Ouch! And yes, they always happen after hours! Cool outfit too.

Natalie said...

Oh the poor little guy!! I hope he's all ok now - sounds like he was very brave.
The outfit looks amazing!! I love the pants and the top looks great too. I love the applique on the back, that's a great idea.

novy said...

Poor W, hope he is better now. Gorgeous outfit as always :)

Corrie said...

oh no poor little man! I did similar thing when I was in year 1 running down our hallway ----how many times was I told not to run in the house!
love the outfit though! gorgeous fabric and love his little comments!!!!!!!!

purps said...

Oh look at the poor baby :( Hope he is well on his way to feeling better Ingrid.
The outfit is absolutely gorgeous!
Any plans on selling more boys things on Lottielulu??

marianne said...

Charlie has a matching one in exactly the same spot...don't worry, you can barely notice it now! ( after nearly 9 months)