Thursday, April 05, 2007

A better housewife??

Today was unwrapping day for the sewing swap I have been a part of. I was so lucky to have Natalie as my swap partner. She made me the most wonderful apron and oven mitts in a vintage print which is oh so me! I did take a pic of myself wearing the apron, but lets just say that the apron is groovy but I am not. Helen was saying that she thinks wearing an apron makes her a better housewife. I hope the same thing happens to me as I need all the help I can get. I have promised myself to try and get some order in the house over the Easter break so the apron is sure to get a work-out.

As part of the swap we exchanged recipes as well. I can't wait to try Natalie's pumpkin soup. The weather is just starting to cool down so the timing is perfect. And as for the chocolate cake recipe, well anytime is the right time to eat cake. And it was all bundled up in a beautiful stripe rose print. How pretty!







I had to send my swap to Cass. I chose to make a set of aprons, one for Cass and one for her daughter Charlotte. For Charlotte's I used the most gorgeous vintage pattern. I was so in love with the finished product I will be making another one for Lottie. I included my favourite cheesecake recipe from Nigella Lawson and a piece of fabric to match Cass's apron. Maybe she will whip up something else to match.




6 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, some lovely things from Natalie and of course we love our aprons although I'm not sure it has made me a better housewife!

sue said...

What a wonderful swap. Love the oven mitts, and the aprons are gorgeous. Maybe I need to make myself an apron on the intent of becoming a better housewife too.

Bowznstuff said...

ooooooo eeeek look at that apron!!!! How CUTE
Cree

Andrea said...

Love the aprons! The first thing I thought when I saw the fabric Natalie had chosen was "that is so Ingrid". Everything looks great.

Helen said...

What gorgeous goodies you recieved and sent Ingrid! That is one very sweet apron! I'm sure it made me a better housewife for the day! Well except for the ironing.... didn't get stuck into that! LOL :)

tigerfilly said...

Oh those aprons are just divine. Well done!!