Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Day at the Show

We hadn't planned on going to The Sydney Royal Easter Show this year. We seem to say each year that we will give it a miss and then change our minds at the last minute. There are lots of wonderful arts and crafts and animal exhibits but I'm afraid all my children want to do is go on the rides and eat ice cream and fairy floss.


The dumbo ride was a big hit. I was a bit uncertain at first about letting mister monster ride it without mr big or myself to make sure he stayed seated, as it goes up in the air. But he was more interested in pressing his buttons and steering. I am not sure if he even realised it left the ground.


And of course no visit to the Show would be complete without a ride on the carousel. This one is just beautiful. Earlier in the day the children had ridden another one that wasn't half as nice and Lottie got a fright as she got down off her horse, hence why they are sitting in a carriage rather than up on horses on this one. I hope she gets over her fear by next year, riding the horses is much more fun!



10 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, looks like a great day. Charlotte loved that Dumbo ride last year when we went

SadieandLance said...

Oh Ingrid I love the Sydney Royal Easter Show. It's strange but it's a big thing I miss about Sydney. And I would go and spend the entire day doing every single pavillion!

Hey speaking of Melbourne, was it you that I said I would give some tips to on making the move down the Hume?

Debby said...

Looked like a lot of fun....

Suz said...

It looks like a lovely day! Brings back lots of memories of trips to the Melbourne one as a child. I have always been terrified of rides!

Corrie said...

gorgeous photos!!! keira was just too little for any rides but her daddy won her mermaid doll on a game.......I enjoyed the show even though my sister was in absolute disgust that we were going....not cool enough for her

Karen TW said...

i had a dream about you last night, how bizarre LOL

anyway, the photos are lovely! my mr monster would not have stayed on the ride, no way!

Andrea said...

What a colourful kinda day! It looks just great Ingrid, you could almost convince me to take Ellyse to the EKKA! Problem is I will have a newborn.

Meet Me at Mikes said...

Oooh..i don't like rides.. but i could have a go on that Dumbo in a trice! Such lovely funfair pics!
xx

Belinda said...

I think James and I went on the dodgy carousel that you mentioned!! Near the Fresh Food Hall?? The one in the pitcures is so much nicer!

purps said...

Looks like fun Ingrid! We went to the Canberra Show this year and had a ball too.
You will have to come down and visit soon, there is a carousel in town, has been there for years. The kids love it :