Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My reluctant little models

I have been busy working on a few things for my shop over at wahmania, and today they were all finished and ready to try on. Normally a few bribes of treats would do the trick, but I am afraid the Easter chocolate overload has greatly reduced my bargaining power. Why on earth would they co-operate with me for a measly piece of dried pineapple when a strange rabbit as well as numerous relatives are bound to deliver mountains of delicious chocolate eggs for nothing!

These are the expressions I got when I asked them to at least look at the camera and smile.



Lottie improved when I reversed her little smock. I think she was put out that the lovely bright print was hidden on the inside. I tried to explain it could be worn both ways, but she isn't yet convinced. I hope she comes around soon as I am planning one of these for her. I just love the neckline and shoulders.

And this next pic is just to show off. I mean obviously with such a talented and gorgeous little ballerina I am entitled to a little motherly indulgence. This was at the last lesson for the term when all the parents are invited in to watch. It sure beats jostling with the other mums for a sneak peek through the curtains on tippy toes which is how I normally get to see her. The cuteness of all these tutus and ballet shoes had me in gushing mumma overload last week, so I restrained myself and held off posting it until now. Otherwise you would have been bombarded with image after image of my wee dancer. Is she not just utterly adorable?

Okay I will shut-up now, I promise.



13 comments:

novy said...

How gorgeous are the fabrics?! They really stand out. Love those expressions on their faces LOL.

Natalie said...

All the photos are gorgeous, just as much as their subject matter!!! My fav is the ballet shot - you're allowed to be a gushing mumma, Lottie looks adorable. I love the new clothes too btw ;)

Corrie said...

ohhhhhh how cute! being a little ballerina from way back.....I started at 3 I wish keira could do baby ballet now! how cute...and the tutu's adorable!

dried pineapple wouldn't do it for me either I'm afraid

Cass said...

Love the ballet shot, glad to see you also get locked out of the lessons!

Tamara said...

Oh she is beautiful. And I know just how you feel with those helpful little models. I almost resort to bribery at times.

Clair said...

Oh my! how cute!!! I can't WAIT for charlee to be old enough to do ballet... to to cute.

Kylie said...

I love your new items - are they for sale Ingrid. And the faces are to die for - dont you just love them to pieces!

And the ballerina - Wow - I cant wait for the Christmas Concert and see waht you whip up for it - How are you with sewing lycra??? hehe

Andrea said...

I love the new items too, and remember that fabric from my childhood too!
Show off your gorgeouse daughter as much as you like (you all know I do!)she is adorable and looks like she is trying very hard.
Love the little top.
I am with Corri - pineapple vs loads of choc mmmmmm.

tigerfilly said...

And me 3 (or was it 4?) I remember that stripey stuff being popular for shorts when I was in about grade 9 - they look great on Mr Monster. And I adore the ballerina :)

Helen said...

Awwwwww Ingrid! How cute is Miss Lottie! Gush away all you like, she is so worth it! Love the expressions on your model shots too. LOL! :)

miss marzie said...

she is just adorable. just wish I some little bodies that I could put pink on - I don't think that my three boys would appreciate being photographed in a pink tutu. Gush all you like - she is beautiful.

ingrid said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments about my little ballerina. I am lucky that she loves her dancing almost as much as I love watching her.
For those who asked the fabric was thrifted. I think it was probably eiter a doona cover or curtains originally, but it had been cut when I bought it. Mister monster loves it too, so he is getting some pants as well.

purps said...

Lottie is a gorgeous ballerina!! She looks fantastic! I can't believe you could hold off posting the pic though! I am verrrry tempted to buy one of the outfits too, those pants are amazing!