Friday, April 20, 2007

Natalie's chocolate cake

Now I am an eggs and butter kind of girl when it comes to baking so I was a bit skeptical of this recipe when I first read it. It is a supermoist chocolate cake recipe that Natalie sent me as part of a kitchen sewing swap. It contains no butter, eggs or dairy and it has vinegar in it! I decided to give it a try yesterday and pushed aside all my thoughts of missing out on licking the spoon after creaming the butter and sugar. Even Lottie was a bit disappointed there were no eggs to crack.

Well the result was delicious! It really is super super moist and had a yummy slightly crisp top and a light almost gooey texture inside, without being too sweet. And just to prove it was a success here it is pulled straight from the oven



and this is what was left by the time Mr Big got home from work.



Oh and check out my new pan. It's a micro-bake pan that is non stick metal and can go in the oven or microwave. Not that I ever bake cakes in the microwave, but it is nice to know I have a pan that is willing to go anywhere. Gee, that sounds like my new pan is more adventurous than me, which is a bit depressing. Maybe I will have to give a microwave cake a go after all.

7 comments:

Meet Me at Mikes said...

Oh.. that cake.. i think it was actually very nice of you to leave one piece.. a not so nice person might have hidden the empty pan and scoffed the lot.. so well done and you are nice! xx pip

Cass said...

Ingrid looks like a great cake. Natalie you may have to post the recipe

novy said...

Oh the cake, look at the cake! 'nuff said. Off to drool.

Corrie said...

mmmmm chocolate cake!!!!!!! reminds me of my vegan days and baking.....

Corrie:)

Natalie said...

I'm so happy to hear that you like the cake!!! It gets made here a lot and everyone is surprised when they hear the ingredients - I will post the recipe on my blog if anyone else wants it :)

marianne said...

I will definitely have to request this recipe from Natalie...my no eggs, no dairy, no butter brother would love it! Thanks for sharing

Leah said...

That looks delicious! Mmmm... 9:30 isn't too early for chocolate cake is it??!