Thursday, April 12, 2007

Who loves pink?

Who loves pink? I love pink! And pink, yellow and green all together is even better! Every now and then I make something that I just love. You know those projects where it all comes together perfectly and is even better than you had envisioned, well this was one of them. I guess it helps that I adore this fabric, toss in a few other favourites like ric rac and gingham and it was hard to go wrong. These are a custom order for two little birthday girls who I hope love pink as much as me.

The smock is another reversible Anna smock in vintage floral and crisp pink gingham for the little sister. I love how these are such an easy fit. They seem rather big but once on and buttoned up they sit so nicely across the shoulder and are super comfortable for play whether they are worn over a sweater or just a tee. I think I have perfected this pattern now and it is definitely one of my favourites.





And for the big sister a tier skirt in the same vintage floral with pink and yellow ric rac. Perfect for spinning in all seasons. I have really enjoyed making these and I have plenty of the fabric still so I am sure you will see it again. Maybe next time I will make something for Lottie with it, she loves pink and yellow almost as much as her mumma.


13 comments:

misst said...

ohhhh I am sooo jealous, I love pink, I love smock tops, I love the pattern, it is all gorgeous, can't wait to get my hand on some of these beauties ;)

tigerfilly said...

I love pink and yellow together, and pink and apple green, mmmm yum :)
They are adorable as always!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous as always Ingrid. I can't imagine having to sell them.

Cass said...

Ingrid, I wish I was getting these! They are beautiful as usual

Clair said...

love the fabric, gorgeous combination. I couldn't bear to sell it if i had made it LOL...

novy said...

I love the pattern! Such a simple yet versatile pattern. Great fabric choice to go with them too.

Corrie said...

ohhhh gorgeous, I just love pink and green!!!!!!!!!!!! and the fabric...love it! well done!
Corrie:)

Natalie said...

Oh Ingrid, another two beautiful pieces! So lucky for our budget that I have boys - though do dream about making / buying pink one day!

Helen said...

I love pink too Ingrid! Love the rick rack trim, nothing like rick rack to set off a skirt! :)

Tamara said...

Well done Ingrid. They are all just gorgouse together. I am very jealous.

BrownPants said...

It's just gorgeous! You're so clever. (but I must say I'm not at all a fan of pink)

marianne said...

pink, yellow, ric rac...what more could a girl want???!

Deeva Gal said...

OMG! Serious stalking of your store going on now - I have to have it LOL!