Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I Love my postman

Oh Boy! What a great mail day I had yesterday. It's days like that when the packages just keep on arriving that I could just about give my postie a big hug. He is very sweet anyway, and always gives a toot when he arrives at our box as he knows how excited I get. The kids love him too.

I am sure he thinks it quite strange that we all wait in anticipation on the front porch when he is due to arrive and then we start walking down the path when he reaches next door. The little ones just love opening the latch to empty the box so even if Mr Postie has packages he slips in a bit of junk mail, or heaven forbid a bill just so the kids get to open the box.


Anyhoo, onto the fun part. Here are some of yesterdays deliveries.
First these gorgeous slippers from Kim at Toasty Toes. She hand knitted these with the most snuggly alpaca yarn. Lottie wore them all day yesterday and it wasn't even cold. She was quite upset at bedtime when I made her take them off and here they are on her feet again first thing this morning.


Then some lovely fabric treats from fashionable fabrics. First up some Michael Miller prints to make a special outfit for Lottie. Next some cowboy theme prints for mister monster and also the shop. And lastly an Amy Butler print that I think I will use to make up her nappy bag pattern.



Look at this gorgeous bracelet. I am not really a jewellery wearer, but I always drool over Natalie's lovely designs. I was in love with the greens in one of her pieces and thought they would work perfectly with Lotties Christmas dress as well as all the other green things I seem to keep making her. So Natalie custom made this beautiful piece for her. To make it extra special she used all sterling sliver and added a sweet little extension chain so it will fit even longer. Natalie thinks of everything. It is so much lovelier than the pics show. Check out more of her creations here and here.

This little bunny hopped it's way over to our place too. It has been handstitched onto a bright pink tee by Kylie and is sure to become a favourite this winter.

The postman also bought me a lovely little gift from Helen. She is an amazingly talented quilter and I had asked her for some tips after being inspired by these delicious looking doll treasures here here and here. Helen, found the perfect little pattern for a quilting novice like me to get started on and hopefully it will be all done by Lotties birthday. I want to team it up with a vintage wooden dolls cradle as a special birthday gift. Now to decide what fabrics to use.


And seeing as this post is already full of pictures, how about another one! Here is a sneak peek at an outfit I am making with some vintage nursery rhyme fabric. I am making a few different pieces with it for both boys and girls. They will be listed over at my wahmania shop on Friday night.

7 comments:

Tamara said...

You lucky lucky girl. I love that nursery rhyme fabric

Helen said...

Glad the pattern arrived safely! Looking foward to seeing what material combination you use! :)

Clair said...

wow you're postie has been busy LOL...

Cass said...

Ingrid some lovely things you received.

Kylie said...

Your postie has been a very busy boy - I love the slippers, I have just done a felted sample and think that I am going to do a pair of slippers! They look so warm and cossy!

Andrea said...

It all looks great Ingrid, you are a lucky girl!

purps said...

Ingrid I have been tempted to get some of those toasty toes, what size were the ones you bought lottie? Are the soles firm or softish??