Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My name is Ingrid and I am a smockaholic

Yes that's right, I am a smockaholic. It all began back at the time of my first ever blog entry and the obsession has grown. I think about them day and night. Every time I look through my stash I am wondering just which smock would be perfect for each fabric.

I thought things would get better when I started listing them in the shop rather than keeping them all to myself but even after making all these Anna smocks I am still not over my addiction.








Last night I decided to do some long overdue sewing for Lottie. But did I put together a pair of pants for kinder from the pile of already cut one ones that she desperately needs? No, I chopped up this Amy Butler print, which I was planning on turning into a bag, and making a smock out of it instead. I did venture into a new design at least and did a double sided ruffle sleeve with a full open back. I wasn't sure about using the gingham but it was nice and handy and I was in a lazy mood. I'm still not sure if it really works but Lottie is chuffed. These days all she needs to keep her happy are some pockets for her treasures.

11 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh Ingrid - But they are georgous and you do such a great job! At least you have come out and told everyone - apparently that is the first step to recovery.

You will have to go and buy another peice of that lovely material to make a bag now!

Cass said...

Very nice Ingrid

Corrie said...

oh gorgeous! i've got the patterns and fabrics just need little miss to sleep so I can sew! gorgeous stuff! well done!

novy said...

Well, as Kylie the road to recovery is when you admit an addiction LOL. That fabric is just gorgeous, I love the vibrant blue.

leslie said...

fabulous photo! so cute : )

Suz said...

That's lovely, Ingrid! A lovely fabric - and pink gingham goes with everything!

Deeva Gal said...

Mwahahaha, you think you're a smockaholic! I own half the ones you've made ROFL! You're definitely not addicted Ingrid. I think you should keep making them so that when I get over my "Learn to share with other Mummies" ban there will be more for me to buy!!!

Natalie said...

With something so gorgeous I can understand the addiction Ingrid!!! You do make them so lovely, the shape, the fabric, the pockets and now the ruffles - wow, just fantastic.

sue said...

The smocks turned out great, and I especially love the one with the pockets and ruffles too. I am sure my girl would love that one too, as she has lots of treaures that she always needs close by.

megsie said...

oh i do love the ruffles and such devine fabric! i think the gingham contrasts beautifully.

Karen TW said...

wait til you see what i have to give you when we meet at last ;op