Monday, May 21, 2007

Thrifting Heaven

Ah yes, thrifting heaven. A place where there are suitcases full of old fabric, drawers full of vintage buttons and trims and sweet little old ladies to help you on your way. This is my haul after spending an hour at a fabulous craft sale that the sweet Corrie tipped me off about. This is just the button and fabric pile, there is another whole bag of trim which included the most devine lace and also about 10 metres of vintage ric rac!!!



I did feel a bit guilty about being so greedy with the buttons, but truly, who could resist such little gems? And at 5c a pop I just couldn't say no. I think I spent about $15-$20 just on buttons so if you do the math then that is a lot of buttons. But at least I know they are going to a good home. Here are some of my favourites.



9 comments:

Corrie said...

OH YOU DID GOOD! love all those buttons! thinking of popping back later this week to get some more needles and see what else is there...just need to bribe keira wiht biccies when I get up there!
Corrie:)

ingrid said...

Corrie, I forgot to mention that when I went to pay I was short on cash and they didn't take eftpos so I said I would come back and pick it up. Well they insisted I take it all with me and not even leave a deposit! I came back that afternoon and paid and she didn't even want to accept the whole amount. I made sure she did and then I gave the lady outside another donation. That little nun was just far to sweet and generous.

miss marzie said...

I am so jealouse!!!

Clair said...

*wipes drool off chin* I wanna live in Sydney!!! WHy can't i ever "stumble" accross anything like that around here? LOL

Kylie said...

What fantastic finds you have there - I always love your buttons Ingrid and NOW I am even more envious - Oh why cant I live close to Sydney - maybe next year!

Helen said...

OMG Ingrid! Look at all those lovely buttons! What a fantastic stash! Love those blue ones, very sweet.

Belinda said...

I had planned on going tomorrow. But it looks like you and Corrie beat me to the post with the buttons!!

Violet said...

OMG what amazing finds. Wish there was a place like that here. :-)

Tamara said...

Yes, I would have been a big greedy too if I had of stumbled on all of those beautiful finds.