Monday, June 25, 2007

Lazy Mondays

Mondays are our lazy days. We normally hang around in pyjamas, play in the garden, and just generally potter around recovering from the weekend. I love not having to go anywhere. It feel like our lives are so busy these days with a different planned activity almost every day of the week, so I have made a point of keeping Mondays free. Sometimes friends pop in or we may have a wander up to the park but that is as far as it goes.
This morning was raining yet again so we spent our time inside and I whipped up some yummy berry pancakes for a late breakfast. They looked so lovely on this plate of nana's that I had to snap a pic

And then while the kids built themselves beds with the sofa cushions on the lounge room floor I finally made Lottie a blanket for kinder. I knew she needed one as the little bunny rugs she has been taking are no where near big enough, but I felt like such a bad mumma when I picked her up on Friday and one of the teachers told me she thought she was getting cold at nap time. So to try and redeem myself from that bad parenting black hole I went to Spotlight yesterday and bought the most delicious soft ridged fleecy fabric. It is so snug and the most beautiful shade of blue. I wasn't just sure how I would use it for the blanket but then I remembered my stash of flannalette paper doll fabric. They work great together, the blue tones down the candy pink of the doll fabric, and both sides are just so soft and warm. It rolls up nicely and just fits in Lottie's sheet bag. Now my girl will be toasty warm at nap time.


8 comments:

Corrie said...

ohhh I wish my mondays were like that and keira could entertain herself! I am getting into my pjs though for the rest of the afternoon

when I first saw that picture I thought no way you got that at SL, now I realise you didn't! that is gorgeous flanalette where did you get it? i just adore it

ingrid said...

Corrie, I did get it at SL!!!! Unbelievable I know, but it was last year. It is a gorgeous Alexander Henry print and it was quite cheap too. I thought I was going overboard at the time and bought quite a few metres, but now I wish I had bought more.

Kylie said...

Oh yum - those pancakes look delish - And a glimps of Nana's plate there. Love the blanket - it is sure to keep Lottie nice and toasty at Kinder now (and you are not a bad Mum - just a busy one! - Kids are not meant to outgrow there bunnyrugs so quickly)

Helen said...

Oh Ingrid, that blanket looks very snuggly. Feel like I can reach out to through the computer screen and stroke it! LOL

Cass said...

I'd love a Monday like that too. I love the blanket it looks so soft.

Leah said...

The blanket looks glorious. And can I come over for brekkie?!

Andrea said...

Pancakes and blanket both look very inviting! I made pancakes yesterday too! Was just the weather for it!

Morag said...

I can't believe you bought that fabric at SL either. I had to read that sentence twice. What a great find, and a cosy wee blanket.