Friday, June 08, 2007

Pretty Paper

I ran out of pretty notepaper the other week, so what's a girl to do when she needs to write a thank-you or send a little message? Rip up books of course. Most of these images came from Eloise Wilkin illustrated Golden Books, which were all either doubles in my collection or already had torn pages and scribbles. Others were from an old battered copy of Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories. They are just backed onto white paper writing paper and pinked around the edges. I am thinking of putting together a few boxed sets with envelopes. I think they will make lovely little gifts.

9 comments:

Heids said...

Ingrid - What a fab idea, I LOVE them, excellent idea for gifts too, I am so stealing this

Corrie said...

cute what a good idea! are you definitely going tmrw?????

Jodie said...

Great idea - You could sew them onto cardstock for cards too !!!

Kylie said...

They look fab Ingrid - I actually picked up some cute little books last week and thought of turning them into cards!

Cass said...

Ingrid great idea, as you know I turn mine into magnets!

Cosy said...

Hey what a cool idea. I love it.

Meet Me at Mikes said...

ooh.. a girl after my own heart! Love the golden books! xx

tigerfilly said...

Awwww, that bottom one looks like a book I had as a child.

Leah said...

They're gorgeous Ingrid!
You really are exceptionally talented.