Thursday, June 28, 2007

Turtles, birds and squirrels

I went thrifting on the weekend and I think it was the first time I have ever walked out of my local thrift store without even a scrap of fabric. No sheets, no tea towels, no table cloths, not even a measly pillowcase or napkin worth taking home. There was a young hip crafty looking lass trawling through the pattern and craft book section and she had a suspicious looking bag that looked jammed full of goodies so I suspect she was the culprit.

I was in no mood to do battle over anything so instead I slunk off to the children's book section and found some lovely little treasures. I even found a perfect copy of an Eloise Wilkin Little Golden Book that I have been after for ages.

Here are some pretty illustrations from a few of my finds. I hope these little creatures brighten up your day.










8 comments:

Leah said...

They are so gorgeous Ingrid! Thanks for that.
Curse that girl for beating you to the punch - I hate when that happens! :)

Kylie said...

Oh dear - glad that you did not walk away completly empty handed! Thanks for the pictures - they have bringhtened up our dull and windy day here!

lolliegirl said...

Love the pictures Ingrid, especially the bird one!!

Cass said...

Great finds Ingrid. I know you wouldn't have walked out without anything

glorydaze said...

I hate when that happens, I nearly cried last week when a lady was walking around the store and then out the door with a lamp that I know was meant for me in her hands.

Natalie said...

They are beautiful illustrations Ingrid, I especially love the last two tortoise ones - just adorable.

Helen said...

Damn the young hip crafty looking lass! :) Next time Ingrid, there will be a next time soon. Lovely illustrations though.

Morag said...

I'm in love with that bird print... so beautiful. I'm all inspired now to go thrifting!