Monday, July 02, 2007

My favourite Ebay purchase ever!!

Well so far at least. Does ebay count as thrifting?? I don't think so. This wasn't even particularly cheap but I love it none the less. So what do you think this rolled up bundle of goodness is?

It's a quilt. Now I don't know much about quilts and this one does not look particularly well made to me. The stitching is pretty ho hum in parts especially on the binding. But is it not still the most enchanting snuggly thing ever?
I am in love with the old circus images, the lovely colours and just everything about it. It arrived on Friday and we have been snuggling in it all weekend. It was particularly good timing as Lottie has been dreadfully sick and we slept together on the lounge on Friday night and spent most of Saturday and Sunday under it as well.

When I was a child I had a story book about the circus and these images remind me of that story. I desperately wanted to be like the lovely lady in the tutu riding on horseback. I was never really into horses but doesn't that look like fun! I think it would tempt any young girl to run away and join the circus.

13 comments:

oldflowers4me said...

hello darling friend- i just had to come and have an other look at your quilt- may i say its divine, it doesnt matter about the stiching its the look - am i right- i hope your little ones ok--la la laaa love jo p.s dont forget to put your lip stick on....

Kristine said...

Awe it's a beautiful quilt! Looks to me like it's filled with a batting similar to what donna's are made of you know the chepo kmart type?? I made a strawberry shortcake quilt for DD#2 and it was just the quilt top *made of 9in blocks* and an old donna and then backed with a cotton sheet.. i must take photos... either way lovely ebay find :-)

Helen said...

Oh Ingrid, what a sweet print! The circus is actually in town over here at the moment, girls are most excitied! Are you thinking of unpicking the stitching to redo it or leave it as is?

Cosy said...

What a cosy quilt! Just right for some quiet time for a sick girl to be with mum. Hope she's feeling better soon.

Cass said...

Ingrid the quilt looks lovely very snuggly. Obviously you are not cutting this one up

novy said...

That does look very warm and snuggly. Great buy!

Claire Falkigham said...

Great find Ingrid, hope your little one is feeling better now.

glorydaze said...

The quilt is adorable, I love it. And I would count it as thrifting. Gotta love the biggest online opshop ever! I am an ebay addict from way back.

Leah said...

Nice quilt! Although I am mortally afraid of clowns so I'd have to block those ones.... LOL..

tigerfilly said...

Oh it's lovely - my favourite book (well one of my many favourites) when I was little was Padington goes to the circus - I wanted to be a trapeze artist LOL

Bowznstuff said...

ooo that is a LOVELY quilt!!!! Fabulous fabric!
Cree

Debby said...

I agree about the quilt. Love the cirus squares...

SurfacetoAirMedia said...

The quilt is wonderful!