Friday, July 20, 2007

une peu d'inspiration française

Did I say just a few weeks ago that I had made my favourite ebay purchase ever? Well scrap that, as this one definitely has put me in ebay heaven. Of course I still love the quilt, but after such a long stretch of nothing too special on ebay I cannot believe my luck in getting my hot little hands on these.



They are in great condition and full of divine illustrations. More than half of them came complete with their pattern sheets but unfortunately I don't speak or read French and the patterns look like this.


I really think that it is way too much effort to trace them off, especially considering that most of them seem to be very basic styles with just a lovely French twist. So instead they are just a little French inspiration and hours of delicious eye candy. Each one of them is just so lovely it was hard to pick which images to show and tell, so here is just a tiny selection of my favourites.

14 comments:

tigerfilly said...

Wow Ingrid - I 'll have to give up visiting your blog if you keep turnig me green with envy like this. First the Russian dolls and now these adorable patterns!! If you do need any help with the French I can speak it, so give me a yell :)

ingrid said...

Did I get the title right TF?? I was using my rusty schoolgirl French so I wan't sure??

Suz said...

Les images sont très jolies. (I did high school French) If you need to translate things you can try: http://translate.google.com
A fantastic buy there Ingrid - just gorgeous.

Kylie said...

Wow - Ingrid - great find. There was a lady on EB a while back that is french and she made that georgous little outfit for her daughter - she never came into the sewing thread though!)

What lovely eye candy to drool over!

Claire Falkingham said...

Tres gorgeous Ingrid!

Karen said...

Oooh aren't they delicious!
The white dress with what looks like pin-tucks at the top in the first photo is divine. Enjoy.

Bowznstuff said...

oh my goodness how fun!!!!! well done on a stellar purchase!
Cree

Andrea said...

What a great find Ingrid, lots of inspiration there!

Helen said...

So what does the title mean Ingrid? Beautiful French Illustrations??! They are lovely! There are some sweet frocks in Myer at the moment, tight bodice and puffy 50's style skirts for little girls at the moment, eyeing them off the other day, white with pale roses, perfect for Christmas day.

SadieandLance said...

Wow I'm in heaven just looking at those pics Ingrid, what a score!!

Modern Parents Vintage Ways said...

I am green with envy. I need to get on ebay more.

the humming cat said...

OMG! I am so jealous I never won that auction. Oh well, they've gone to a great home :-)

Tamara said...

What an amazing find - you lucky duck.

Corrie said...

oh my, so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
my mum is a french teacher who lives 10 minutes away and my neighbour is french so any big questions just ask! they are the best patterns I have seen.....jealousy!