Friday, July 13, 2007

A week in the Blue Mountains

We are home tired but happy from a week away in the Blue Mountains. I have an enormous pile of emails and washing to get through, so I will show you pretty pictures instead of trying to fill you in on everything.


Our cosy Mountain getaway, well ours for a week anyway.




Kids making pizza.



Mountain Sky


Fairies in our garden



Inside the Jenolan Caves



Blowing out Mr Big's imaginary birthday candles (I forgot to pack the real ones)



Babycinos in Leura



Rugged up for long walks



Beautiful views at the end of every street



A very apt sign


James chugging around the bend






The view out our train carriage window


Next post I promise to write more as well as show off all the lovely little treasures I found while we were away.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Lovely photos Ingrid! I will have to show Jai the James photo, he will be very excited to see him IRL (well kinda lol)

Andrea said...

Welcome home Ingrid. It looks like you had a wonderful time away. What a great place for a family holiday. I have been to the Blue Mountains twice, once as a teenager with mum and dad and once with DH. I love those caves!

Cass said...

Ingrid looks like a lovely time. Can't wait to see what you bought

Helen said...

What a lovely family holiday Ingrid! How cool does your "cottage" look! And I can't wait to see what you got in that patchwork shop! Welcome home!

Marie said...

Looks like a lovely spot for a relaxing holiday.

Brenda said...

OMG, a real life James train!!! Ruby would pass out from excitement if she knew about this one!
Looks like a beautiful place for a break Ingrid.

Brenda said...

OMG, a real life James train!!! Ruby would pass out from excitement if she knew about this one!
Looks like a beautiful place for a break Ingrid.

Kylie said...

Looks like you had a great time away! What a lovely family break - I love the photo of the kids and Mr Big blowing out the pretend candles! (does that mean that he only had a pretend birthday?)

Cosy said...

I love the imaginary candles!

Corrie said...

oh wow, beautiful weekend, beautiful family and beautiful photos....I think I need to plan a trip out there for hubby's birthday!