Thursday, August 23, 2007

Conversations with an almost 4 year old

Lottie: Mummy, I love you soooooooooo much
Me: I love soooo much too
Lottie: You love me more than you love Daddy don't you?
Me: No I love you the most in little girl love and Daddy the most in grown up man love.
Lottie: But Daddy isn't a man, he is a horse.


Me: What do you think you might like for your birthday present?
Lottie: A light I can hold
Me: You mean like a torch?
Lottie: No, like a light I can hold
Me: Can you show me one at the shop?
Lottie, No, I think you are big enough to know what I mean all by yourself.


This one happened driving to kinder
Lottie: When I am big I will be able to drive because I will have big long legs like you
Me: Yes you will
Lottie: And I will have bigger arms too
Me: Yes
Lottie: And I will have a really big vagina too one day won't I?
Me: Spluttering 'maybe' and nearly driving the car into a tree in shock

And I will leave you with that lovely thought for the day while I go back and hit the sewing machine and madly try and get the party dress finished, the stock ready for the shop and all the presents and decorations finished in time.

16 comments:

Clair Bremner said...

PMSL!!!!

Kristine said...

oh my goodness!!!!

That's one for the 21st!!

Heids said...

Oh Ingrid - I have tears running down my face.

Cathy said...

priceless!! I was laughing - I can just imagine how she was saying it too!

Little Munchkins said...

Good thing I wasn't drinking, I would have spat it out. That is so cute coming from a 4 yr old. I guess I can look forward to these kind of conversations one day too.

Karen said...

From the mouths of babes Ingrid!!
I lov the comment about how you could figure out the 'light' thing by yourself!

Corrie said...

woah ! I've told hubby we're using the word china for a lady's private parts....sounds nice and posh!!!!

Corrie:)

Helen said...

PMSL Ingrid at the last one! I have just snorted all over my computer screen! :)

Natalie said...

Oh my!!! That is the funniest thing I've heard in ages!! You have to bring that up at both her 18th and 21st I think lol!

Sahra said...

Lol! That is hilarious

tigerfilly said...

I am sitting hear laughing out loud and Snugglebunny is looking at me with a very odd 'what are you laughing at?!?' face :D

kootoyoo said...

Hi there, I found you via Pip. That is an absolute diamond. My niece & your daughter would get on famously. She's got some great thoughts on making babies.

Kirsty

SadieandLance said...

Ingrid I am in the office reading your blog (naughty me) trying not to laugh out loud in case someone asks me what I'm laughing at! Too funny.

SadieandLance said...

PS hope the hubby's safe from the Equine influenza bug!!

Joh said...

Priceless, as my nana would say!

Nic said...

What a hoot Ingrid!
That is just priceless.