Tuesday, August 07, 2007

First skirt of Spring

Well it isn't spring yet but I was inspired by this skirt Clair made and decided to whip one up last week for the round of birthday parties on the weekend. I can't believe the social life my three year old has. She had one party two weeks ago, then two last Saturday and she has one every weekend for the next month or so. At least that means mummy gets to make lots of pretty party things.

I had planned on saving this Michael Miller fabric for her birthday dress but changed my mind as I was itching to cut into it and thought it would be perfect for this skirt. The lovely Natalie is going to make her a matching bracelet as I just love these colours, and they are a nice change from all the pink. Hopefully she will have enough time to also do one for her birthday outfit. You can check out more about Natalies work here, where she is the featured artist for August. She is one very talented mumma.

I guess you can see the skirt was a hit as Lottie was reluctant to stand still and stop spinning, hence the blurry pics.

13 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh Ingrid - Lovely as ever! Love the print please share the pattern - is it the twirly skirt pattern?

Corrie said...

ohhhhhhh I have that fabric and was only thinking bags but now I think a pinni or clothes! looks gorgeous!

Tamara said...

It looks so lovely on Lottie.I love the trim down the bottom. Do you want some ribbons to match? Thanks for your order.

Lily said...

Ingrid, it's just gorgeous - no wonder she loves it! Well done.

Cass said...

Great skirt Ingrid

Natalie said...

The skirt is just gorgeous Ingrid! Those fabrics look amazing together. I will pm you about the bracelet too, her birthday is coming up quick isn't it - thanks for the special mention too :)

Claire Falkingham said...

Yay - for Spring! Gorgeous fabric and that skirt - love the contrasting band.

Helen said...

Ingrid, when I saw the pict on flickr first I went rushing to your shop to see if it was for sale! Its beautiful!!! Love it!

fallen~from~grace said...

The combination of fabrics in this twirly skirt is lovely! Well done Ingrid

sue said...

What a beautiful skirt, and I love the colors. Yes pink and purple here are the colors that seem to be on everything in my daughter's room, but I actually bought blue and grey yesterday and she loved it. We have been doing the birthday rounds, but we have a rest for a month before any more. We have attended 4 in the last 2 weeks, so it will be nice to have a rest. Good luck with the present making.

Clair Bremner said...

oh it's gorgeous. Love the fabric

Austy's Mum said...

Oh that skirt is ADORABLE! I might just have to whip one up for my niece if I find the right fabric.

Belinda said...

The skirt if just gorgeous!! I love the fabric.