Monday, August 06, 2007

Girls from the West

There are two lovely sisters who live in the West. They are kind and generous, both have a roaring sense of humour and they love to sew! And now I am going to get to meet them both in person. The big trip from Perth to Sydney has been planned for March next year and I can't wait! I don't know what will be more fun, a fabric shop crawl across Sydney or high tea and chit chat in a fancy hotel somewhere.

And just to show you how sweet they are, this is the fabric that my personal shopper Adds purchased for me and sent over. This is only one print, there were quite a few more, but this is the one that is oh so special. It will become part of the summer range for the lottielulu shop. Although now that it is here and it is so lovely I am tempted to try and keep it for decorating the little monsters bedroom. That is if he ever gets a bedroom of his own.



A few months ago I was rambling on about how I wanted to attempt my first ever quilt as a doll's quilt for Lotties 4th birthday. And then soon after that a lovely little pattern turned up in the post. Helen had found the perfect beginners project for me and kindly sent it my way. Here is the top of the quilt, I just finished it yesterday. Now I need Helen to talk me step by step through what to do next. It is far from perfect and there are wonky bits here and there, but I am rather chuffed with my first ever quilting attempt so far. I am sure the next few steps are just going to get trickier. I used some of the beautiful fabrics I found in the mountains but now I wish I had worked in a bit more green. I think it may be looking a little too pink. But the fact that it is for a four year old allays any fears I have that she may feel the same. She seems to be pink obsessed at the moment and I am sure she will not even notice the crooked bits.



9 comments:

Morag said...

Love the quilt top Ingrid! It looks beautiful. I really love the flowery greenery pink fabric around the edges.

sue said...

Of course little girls love pink. I think it looks so wonderful and she will love using it for her dolls too. Well done on your first quilt too.

Leah said...

That is so sweet Ingrid! Well done.

Natalie said...

Oh Ingrid, that is just adorable! I love the colours and think that you really can't have enough pink (especially for a pink obsessed 4 year old!) I can't see ANY crooked bits either.

Corrie said...

beautiful quilt I love the green too !!! and aren't we lucky to have some visitors...I think they'll be asking us to leave high tea at dinner time because we'll still be talking...I'd also love to organise a small lucky dip where we each do a little fabric or gift swap amongst everyone there

Corrie:)

Helen said...

The quilt top looks beautiful Ingrid!!! Great job, now the fun part of quilting it! Can't wait to meet in March 2008 either! :)

Lily said...

Ingrid that quilt top is gorgeous - your daughter will adore it!

the humming cat said...

**blush**
I can't wait to meet you IRL either Ingrid!
Lottie will love your dolls quilt, it's gorgeous.
xx

Juni said...

What crooked bits?? Its just gorgeous and looks absolutely perfect! You've done really well with your fabric selection and I love, love, love the pink! :) Can't wait to see the final product.