Sunday, September 02, 2007

Under the Apple Tree

I used to hate going to Spotlight, with it's horrible jumble of trashy fabrics. (Well not really hate, I mean who could truly hate fabric shopping even if the choice is abysmal). Every visit just seemed more of the same old same old prints. But I think they have lifted their game this season. They have had lots of lovely japanese inspired prints and lots more soft printed cottons than they used to have.


I fell in love with this sweet apple print voile and bought up quite a few metres. I originally made this dress for the shop but I just couldn't give it up. It was too pretty on Lottie and a nice change from all the pink in her wardrobe. Instead I listed two custom spots which were quickly snapped up, but I will be making lots more 'Lola' dresses this summer in both new and vintage fabrics.




So for those of you who were waiting, the first lot of summer stock has been listed in the wahmania shop. Some of the long sleeve tees will be moved to the Lottielulu shop in the next few days, and I will be listing a few more things over at madeit as well. Boys things will hopefully be ready in the next day or two for wahmania so the little guys don't miss out.

12 comments:

Heids said...

Gorgeous - love it. I have to admit I couldn't get excited by that apple print like others were...until I saw Lotties dress...now I think i will have to go and buy some!!!

Cass said...

Ingrid, I got the exact same fabric on sale at SL, although they didn't have very much. It is beautiful isn't it.

Helen said...

Ingrid, know what you mean by a nice change from pink, pink, pink! Grace has started to wear a bit of purple/lilac! Wowwweeee! :)

Gabrielle said...

Hi Ingrid, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
What a gorgeous dress - I love the apple print fabric. I might have to venture out to Spotlight at Queanbeyan again soon. The birthday party looks wonderful from your last post too.

Kylie said...

What a gorgeous dress - you have done a great job... And love the photo with Mister Monster in the background!

fallen~from~grace said...

What a beautiful dress!!! I can see why you've kept it for Lottie, she looks just gorgeous in it.

Little Munchkins said...

That is a lovely dress indeed and I too would hate to part with that dress. Another one who has that lovely apple fabric here.

Lily said...

I totally agree about SL. Finally!

And gorgeous dress - no wonder you couldn't part with it~!

Sahra said...

Gorgeous dress for a gorgeous girl Ingrid! and her party looked awesome too!

claireswimming said...

Ingrid,
Thanks for the info about the labels. I have some on order. You make very cool clothes!

Claire Falkingham said...

Oh Ingrid, I thought we could keep Spotlight as our little secret (LOL)!

samantha said...

it looks lovely - and a great photo