Tuesday, October 09, 2007

banana bread and fabric bundles


I am in search of the perfect banana bread recipe, one that is not too cake-y or muffin-y either. It can have butter and sugar in it, but I would still like to munch away and feel like I am eating something that would be suitable for breakfast time and not dessert. It should be just as delicious toasted the next day as it is still warm from the oven. I gave this one a try yesterday when I came across the recipe here. Although it was delicious and I liked the flavour of the added coconut I don't think it is exactly the 'bread' I am after. But hey, it was all gone withinn a few hours so I never got the chance to do the toast test. I guess that means I need to bake another loaf today and hide it from the children.





Banana Coconut Bread



40g butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3 big ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups s/r flour
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 cup desc coconut
1 tbspn milk




Mix this all up together, line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour mixture in tin. Sprinkle with some Cinnamon/Sugar sprinkle (Masterfoods jar) or just make up a tbsn of each, mix it up and spinkle over the top, gives a nice sugary crunch!Bake for 45 mins at 180 or so.











And as I promised last week I have two fabric bundles to give away. I will call them scrap bundles as most of the pieces are small and only suitable for small projects, quilting or applique, but there are a few larger pieces as well. Each pack includes a mix of thrifted and new fabrics. I will cover the postage costs within Australia but please don't expect any fancy wrapping, they will come tightly squished in an Aus Post satchel.

It is first in first served, just leave a comment and say which one you would like. Let's keep it nice and make it one bundle each so that two people get lucky. I may even do a few more next week if I get around to sorting through more of my stash.

Bundle #1



Bundle #2

11 comments:

ainslie said...

Wow, I could certainly use a bundle of fabric like that...count me in!!! And I'm off to the kitchen to bake your Banana Bread. I have some over-ripe bananas waiting to be baked into something delicious.

ainslie said...

Woops...forgot to say which bundle I like. I love bundle # 1.

Claire said...

HI Ingrid,

I suppose that leaves me with bundle #2! Although bundle #1 looks great.

Claire

Cass said...

Bummer, missed out!

Heids said...

:( Also sad to have missed out... but I do have what I think is a great banana bread recipe...I haven't tried the "toast test" but think it is definitely bread rather than dessert...will post on my blog this pm.

Claire Falkingham said...

Bummer from me too, looks like I was too slow! But the last thing I need right now is anymore fabric, I'm trying to work my way through what I've got, mainly cause I'm so fickle, I think I could be completely off it by next summer!!

Lily said...

I only want the banana bread. Will that fit in an Aussie Post bag?

YUM YUM!

Helen said...

Bummer too slow! Can you cut me off a slice of the cake before you post it to Lily!

Corrie said...

mmmmmmmmm I love banana bread and it must have butter on it!

i have a good weight watchers recipe that is great and lasts a few days (that was before keira) and toasts beautifully! I'll go and hunt it down...oh and its healthy too

Corrie:)

starashan said...

Cake looks great!! :o) Here's another great banana bread recipe I have been making since I was maybe 9. It's awesome!! If you can't read it, let me know and I will email you the recipe... if you're interested of course!! lol (http://starashanramblings.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking%2Frecipes?

Modern Parents Vintage Ways said...

I have been thinking about this Banana cake since I noticed the post a while ago. I have some very ripe bananas sitting in my kitchen and I think I might have to make some of that tonight......