Monday, October 01, 2007

Gingerbread Madness

Yes madness! It was so hot today, melting hot, with hot dry winds kind of hot. The hot I just hate. Boy oh boy I am not looking forward to another long dry summer.

So what on earth possessed me to bake gingerbread? It is October, not December. It is hot not cold. But I bought these new alphabet cookie cutters from here and just could not wait to test them out. Seeing as Lottie also received a gingerbread man cutter for her birthday, gingerbread seemed a good option. Mind you, all this was decided very early in the morning before I knew how hot it would be. But have you ever tried backing out of a gingerbread baking promise to cookie crazed 2 and 4 year olds? Well it is not a good idea. The two year old is at his peak performance level when it comes to tantrums and the 4yo can hold a pout for world record time.

So here are my pretty new cookie cutters (all 26 of them), gingerbread men for the little ones (squished, cut and decorated all by themselves), gingerbread hearts for the big monster and his girlfriend (yep, that's right, I said girlfriend and goodness me it makes me feel old) and YUM YUM cookies for Mr Big and me (yes they say YUM YUM not VUM VUM, I am not terribly impressed by the shape of the 'Y')


9 comments:

Corrie said...

yum yum indeed!

it was hot and I don't know why I baked cookies too because the house just gets warmer then dinner needed to go in the oven too! you can't win sometimes

I love summer.....but I miss my walks because I had to go at 8am this morning so as not to burn and sweat to death!

Corrie:)

Jodie said...

Delicious , I may have to dig out the cookie cutters (still cool here).

Claire said...

Those bikkies look very inviting. Mmmmmmm.

Claire Falkingham said...

Cute! Summer isn't my fave time of year either, Spring and Autumn for me, the 'inbetweens' big D says!

glorydaze said...

Oh that squishy blue guy looks delish!

dizzyjadey said...

Yes, wasn't it hot today? Thank goodness, we live near the bay which made it slightly bearable. Not looking forward to the sweltering weather, blech! Apparently its another hot day tomorrow.

And thanks for popping by the blog, Ingrid!

Helen said...

Banner looks hot! Good art directing! LOL Wish it was hot here, more grey skies and rain today. Tomorrow is supposed to be 22! Wohoooo!!

fallen~from~grace said...

Oh yummmmmm! I am on a diet but those gingerbread men look so yummy we may just have to make some here today!

Kristine said...

They looked so yummy I just went and order myself a set of those alphabet cutters!!!