Sunday, October 21, 2007

high tea

One of my local sewing/blogging friends is leaving sunny Sydney for the far hipper craftier Melbourne scene. I am terribly jealous and would love to smuggle myself in one of her packing boxes but I know I would end up missing those little rascals of mine eventually.

To say goodbye a group of us went to high tea at the Queen Victoria Building. It was a wonderful afternoon of tea, sandwiches, sweet treats, chit chat and a glass of bubbly to make it just that little bit more grown up.



the tea room

little sandwiches

tea and treats

....and presents too! thank you Corrie and Belinda.

I made a little detour on my way home to pick up some treats from here and some supplies from here. By the time I got home mr big had a bbq dinner planned and afterwards we had a few drinks by the pool while the kids ran around the yard wearing themselves out. Now just so you don't read this post and get the idea that I lead some kind of idyllic life, I will tell you that once it got dark I came inside and had to wash a whole weekends worth of dirty dishes that had taken up residence in the sink and battle two extremely dirty children to get them in the bath. All is quiet now, so it is time I got a move on finishing my doll quilt. Postage day is looming.

8 comments:

Corrie said...

ohhhhh your photos look gorgeous! love the close ups! just love them....should have asked you to take the photos on my behalf!

I had such a lovely time and thanks for coming in!

if it makes you feel better I had to do dinner bath and bed on my own for keira!!!! luxury over!

Cass said...

Love your pics too. I was a great day.

starashan said...

Great photos... love the teacup. :o)

Cathy said...

everything looks just beautiful. Maybe Corrie can start a Melbourne Bloggers High Tea when she comes to live in Melbourne.

Stacey (Sheeps Clothing) said...

It looks like you all had a lovely time.
What is it about cutting the crusts off sandwiches (especially if someone else does it) that makes them taste so good?

Heleen said...

yes the photo's do look gorgeous! those cups and plates, I love them.

Claire said...

Sounds like a great day! Thanks for the package. I got it yesterday.

Sabine said...

The sandwiches look delicious!