Monday, October 29, 2007

pookie-love

Sorry for the unannounced little blogging holiday I have had this week. No excuse other than I forgot to blog. So this is a catch up post of all the things I have been busy with.


I found this doll house a few weeks ago at my local thrift store. I have already ripped out the carpet from some rooms and taken down the tatty lace curtains but as you can see there is still a long way to go. Lottie already has a doll house so this one is going to be shelves for her bedroom.






And when it comes to the bedroom there is about to be some exciting changes. Mister monster and Lottie share a tiny little room and they are both still in cots. Yes, I know she is four and a rather tall girl at that, but she has always been so cosy in there. We took the side off a while ago so really her cot is like a little daybed. But sadly it is time she got a big girls bed. I have been searching high and low for a second hand one. I know exactly what I want but I just can't find it. I have been given a Christmas deadline to either find a suitable one or we will be off to ikea to pick up a new one. So all this thinking about bedrooms made me drag out some illustrations I put away ages ago. Pookie is such a wonderful little character. Ivy L Wallace added a touch of magic to my childhood with these beautifully illustrated stories. I mean who wouldn't fall in love with a bunny with wings! I had always planned to frame these up and hang them in her bedroom and somehow never got around to it. I can't let these go hidden away any longer, so I am also in search of some frames so they can hang on the wall for all to enjoy their loveliness. There are six images in total and these are my favourite four. I only want to frame three though so I need to pick. Oh decisions decisions.






And here is a final peek at what I was working on most of last week. I am so excited about this swap. This is my second quilt ever, and as they have both been doll quilts I can hardly claim much experience but I have so much enjoyed making this and am really proud of how it has turned out, faults and all. I just hope my far more experienced recipient likes it half as much as I do. And all this quilting has me aiming high. After Christmas I want to start one for Lotties new bed. Hopefully if I start then it will be finished in time for winter.





Oh and I also chopped up some more of one of my favourite vintage fabrics to make some things for the ozebaby shop. This little set is still available along with more little smurf tees. We love our smurfs.

7 comments:

Heids said...

Ooooh I was a pookie fan as well, we had Pookie and the swallows. Like you say who couldn't love a bunny with wings (even a farmers daughter could love such a bunny!).

The dolls quilt is gorgeous and I am sure the recipient will love it. I too am thinking of getting started on a quilt for Miss Grace for her big girls bed.

Jodie said...

Gorgeous quilt and those pics are just beautiful- who wouldn't love a rabbit with wings indeed??

Kristine said...

Ohh I love the bed!!! I'm considering buying two of them for my girls :-) (they share a room)

starashan said...

I don't think I have ever come across Pookie before, but the drawings are gorgeous. The two middle ones are kind of sad though, especially the third one. Tell me they are being rescued!! lol

ingrid said...

Don't worry Starashan, pookie gets home safe and sound :-) You are right though they are rather sad. The final image in the story is lovely but it isn't the same size as the others nor is it colour so I didn't think it would work in a framed series. Maybe I need to hunt down some more pookie.

starashan said...

phew! ;-)

megsie said...

#1 and #4 are my pookie fav's. Love the shadow cast in the last pic. Very cute and great for a little persons room. I love what your doing with the doll house. i'm in need of a bookcase for the squillions of books we have so might just pinch your idea:D