Tuesday, November 06, 2007

doll quilt swap

Oh My! I was so blown away by my package from Andrea. Today was the big opening day and I was very good and patient and ignored the postal satchel teasing me from the top of my fridge, just begging to be opened.

It was well worth the wait. Andrea made the most wonderful teddy quilt for mister monster. It has cowboys and spots and is just about the cutest little boy quilt I ever saw. The front is made up of catherine wheels. I am not sure what the quilting term for them is, but I call them Catherine wheels. The back is one of my all time favourite Micheal Miller retro prints. As you can see from the pics, rumpy bear is already being snuggled up in it and dragged around the house.

But that wasn't all that was inside. I truly was spolit. Andrea included a pack of divine Joel Dewberry Aviary charm squares, some gorgeous retro patterns and the most fabulous vintage little golden book. This girl really knows me well. I feel so warm and gushy thinking that someone who I never really met has gone to so much trouble for me and put together such a delightful assortment of my favourite things. I can't wait until next year when I get to meet Andrea properly. She is coming to Sydney for a little sewing shopping jaunt. Oh the fun times we will have!

6 comments:

Cascade Lily said...

Ingrid wow you are one lucky gal! And again I feel bad for not including any extras in my parcel!

Helen said...

Awwww, great haul Ingrid! I can see you two are going to be leaving Cass and I behind in your shopping adventures! LOL I sewed that label on too! :)

Cathy said...

what a beautiful quilt - I just love those fabrics - I call those blocks - pinwheels.

Lucky you.

Natalie said...

Great swap parcel, you deserve to be spoilt Ingrid! I love the quilt Ads made, I'm sure Mr Monster loves it too!

tigerfilly said...

LOve, love, love the colours in the quilt!! And, would you believe, Technogirl has the same bear who still snuggles up with her at age 10!

ingrid said...

TF, that bear has been well loved in this house. It used to belong to the big monster who is now 17, and it has been adopted by the little monster as his special bedtime pal :-)