Monday, November 19, 2007

Market Day

Yesterday was market day for Lottie's kinder. Mr Bigs fudge was boxed up ready to go, all my lottielulu stuff was looking rather pretty, the kids were slathered in sunscreen and most importantly of all the sun kept shining all day.


Sadly I only sold a few things, although I did meet a lot of lovely people including some other WAHMs and a another avid vintage fabric collector, but I would have liked to be able to raise a bit more for the kindy. Oh well, it was a fun day and we all had a blast. The absolute highlight would have to be the Buzz Lightyear doll which mister monster bought for the grand total of $1 from the second hand toy stall. It has not left his side apart from when I gave him a quick scrub to clean him up. Even his special bear had to move over and make room in bed last night for Buzz.

12 comments:

Leah said...

Your kids look like they had fun! I'm sorry the market was a fizzer, but hey, at least you've got lots for your online shop now!
Jaynie is obsessed with horses. Adnd dogs and cats - I think she'll be a vet when she grows up!

Little Munchkins said...

What a shame the market didn't go as well as you'd hope. As Leah said, your online shop will be well stocked now and I am sure they will sell quickly.

Cute Buzz too, I can see why Will wouldn't let it go.

Cass said...

Looks like the kids had fun. Love the Buzz toy.

Belinda said...

Wow, looks like you had worked really hard to get that stock ready too. What a shame. Let us know when you list it somewhere. I love Lotties dress too!

Clair Bremner said...

how could those crazy people not want to buy every single thing off your stall??! mad!
Well done on the buzz lightyear bargain as well

Corrie said...

well I'm glad we can have a taste of what you made and I know they'll sell out! I'm already looking forward to the 30th!

don't your little ones look like they're turning into big ones!!

Kylie said...

Oh what a wonderful collection you have there - sorry that you late nights at the sewing machine did not bring in the must wanted $ for the kinder that you were hoping for!

starashan said...

Your display looks gorgeous! I think a lot of people in the *real world* don't realise or appreciate the amount of time and work that goes into making such beautiful handmade clothes, and therefore balk at the price. BUT! If they knew the amount of work and love that goes into every piece, and the quality of materials and workmanship, maybe they would think again.

At least you have a whack of stuff to put in your shop now- stuff you can sell to people who will really appreciate it.

Claire Falkingham said...

Stall looked great Ingrid! Not Parker's Birthday yet - Little P is turning 4 in Dec - we had two 5 yr old parties to go to on the weekend!

Tracey said...

I have been quietly reading this blog for a while and just love everything that you make!! I can't wait for everything to be available in your shop!!

Natalie said...

Oooh look at all those pretty smocks! Can't wait to see them all closer up soon! Looks like DS and DD had a lovely time.

Cascade Lily said...

Looks like a fun day for everyone - sorry you didn't sell more! Have you been to www.wahmania.com.au ? $15 a month flat fee - worth a look :) I'm sure they'd love to feature your stuff because it's just beautiful :)