Thursday, November 15, 2007

Meet Jayne



Jayne is a simple gal. She doesn't like frills or fuss but she is far from plain. In fact Jayne has the clean simple lines that are the best for showing off beautiful fabrics and making a feature of treasured vintage buttons. She may in the future be sporting a pocket or two, if she is in the mood that is. I mean what girl isn't partial to a pocket if the fabric is right. But the thing about Jayne is she is great just as she is. Perfectly happy being a single gal in summer but doesn't mind getting cosy with tights and a long sleeve tee come the cooler months.


Ahhh, I love Jayne. She is my new best sewing friend. And look at this pile of Jayne-to-be fabrics. I can't wait! I will hopefully have a few finished for the market day on Sunday and there will be more to come here and here very soon.


11 comments:

Leah said...

I love Jayne too! ;o)
Looks lovely Ingrid - you must have taken name inspiration from the gorgeous Jayne that I know. x

Belinda said...

Oh that is gorgeous! The fabric is just perfect for it. I wish I had a daughter to buy for right now.

Andrea said...

Oh Jayne is just too adorable, so simple yet not too plain. You have a way with words Ingrid that makes me NEED one now!

megsie said...

oh my a smurf Jayne! Too special:D

Natalie said...

Awww, I love Jayne too - she is just perfect. Will have to keep my eye on her to see if she decides to become a size 000 one day ;)

Bronwyn said...

I have always loved Jayne with a Y!

Heids said...

Ohhh Ingrid I love Jayne too - you have such an eye for matching fabric to design.

fallen~from~grace said...

Jayne is simply beautiful Ingrid! Classic, not overstated,gorgeous!

Bec said...

Ok, I'm keeping a very close eye on your shop now! The fabric in the Christmassy colours (but gorgeous non-Christmassy design) that I spied in your stash would look gorgeous on my little girl - and who can't justify a new dress for Christmas! Love the simple design that displays gorgeous buttons and print to best advantage :)

Brenda said...

aahhh, she is beautiful Ingrid! I have had my own 'Jaynes' being made for Ruby for a while and I absolutely love them because they are so simple yet each one came be so different just with alternate fabric and buttons. I love them!! (those and the pinni I love to make)
Wow I finally am able to leave comments on your blog, expect more in the future girl!

Heleen said...

Love the fabric! Jayne is just perfect!