Wednesday, November 21, 2007

on my bookshelf

After the lovely response to my last show and tell from the bookshelf, I have decided to try and do it at least once a week.

This copy of the Red Shoes is rather different from the one I remember reading as a child, or maybe I just blocked out the scary bits. In this version the poor little girl cuts off her legs and replaces them with a wooden set! I love the doll and puppet illustrations in this one. They remind me of the wonderful Rankin Bass animagic shows I was enthralled by as a child.




And for those of you who like Jayne as much as me, I will be listing some in the lottielulu shop tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shannon.Willis@hotmail.com said...

ok, so now im having some flashbacks... I am remembering a book similar to this too... maybe something I read at my grandmothers house?

Shannon.Willis@hotmail.com said...

ok, so now im having some flashbacks... I am remembering a book similar to this too... maybe something I read at my grandmothers house?