Sunday, November 04, 2007

Thrifting fun

I was in thrifting heaven on Saturday! I found a perfect edition of 'The story of a car' by Alain Gree for 50c. Yes, that's right, 50c!!! Just look at these illustrations. What fun!

I have been sorting through my vintage childrens books the last few weeks deciding which ones will be given a new home on the dollhouse bookshelf when it is finished. There are so many great illustrators that I think it is time to share, so each week or so I will be posting some favourites from my bookshelf for all to see. I would love to have a peek what other collectors have stashed away too if anyone else feels like sharing.

4 comments:

Heleen said...

You just found a really lovely little book! and yes I do have a lot of vintage goodies stached away..

Heids said...

Oooh Ingrid, I will definitely be in on showing some of my favourites...not all are real vintage though...

Cosy said...

I love this book! I saw your pic on Flickr and favourite-ed it.

tikki said...

That's so cute!!!
Yes, I have a few books stashed away I shall share. Typical book hoarding English teacher, am I.

Congratulations on being at Mikes too, Ingrid, that's fantastic!!! Was planning a trip down to the big city but shall put it off until I can see some more Annas. Lily loves hers!