Monday, January 21, 2008

get quilting

I am on a fabric buying ban. I promise. But there were funds in my paypal account. Surely if I used them it doesnt count? Right? And I pinky promise this is it. No more fabric. But I needed these. I really truly did.
First up is a rambling rose fat quarter bundle with backing and binding fabrics to make a quilt for Lotties new bed. These are a bit more candy coloured than I expected, still lovely though. I am not a fan of lavender/purple tones so I will hopefully have enough fabric to leave those ones out. I havent decided on a pattern yet. I was thinking of just doing basic squares or something very simple. I am open to suggestions if anyone knows a good pattern in a single bed size.

Then a few American Jane Look and Learn charm packs which have turned into this quilt top for a sweet new baby boy named Auden.

and backing and binding to match of course

All of these were brought from the fat quarter shop. They have a beautiful selection and lovely service to boot. Check them out. So now I guess its time to finish my coffee and get quilting.

8 comments:

Kylie said...

Ingrid - I can not wait to see what you turn those lovely fabric pieces in for Lottie - and the Dick and Jane fabric is delightful - I am sure that it will be much loved by its new owner!

Lola...again said...

Your blog is lovely. I love all of the photos. And NO, using your Paypal funds doesn't count!! Spend away!!

Sheridan said...

Gorgeous fabric!
Re patterns, I am a big fan of Atkinson Designs "Yellow Brick Road". Perfect for fat quarter packs and very quick and easy to sew up.

Helen said...

Oh Ingrid! Perfect!! MMMMMMM! Very nice indeed! We'll make a quilter out of you yet!

love.boxes said...

Darling fabrics. Love all that color!

Tips Of All Sorts said...

Whatever you decide to do with the fabrics, I know I could stare at it all day.

clara - bloomize

Scrapsister said...

I have bought the Look and Learn charm squares from there and am wanting to do a quilt with them when time permits...now I am all inspired and itching to go. Gorgeous!
Kerryn

Melissa Goodsell said...

oh my goodness, that's the sweetest quilt...so so yum.
Melx