Tuesday, February 26, 2008

a late night

I am on my third cup of coffee already and it is only 8 in the morning. I stayed up late watching the Oscars. What girl could resist all those dresses! Despite being a tad dissappointed that our gorgeous Cate came away empty handed, there were still plenty of moments to enjoy. The lovely Marion Cotillard was so joyous and beautiful. Well done to her. But my favourite moment of the night was when Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova won best Music (song) for Falling Slowly in Once. And the sweet Marketa was allowed back on to say her thank-yous after being rushed off by that darned music. I am so glad she was given that moment in the spotlight to enjoy. Oh and what about Diablo Cody! Despite the dress she won my heart.


The funny thing is I never get to the movies anymore these days. So generally I have barely the faintest idea of who is deserving of an award anyway. But that rush and thrill of excitement and all that glamour, oh boy!


In between watching all this Hollywood fun I was sitting at the sewing machine turning a delicious vintage tablecloth into this.


Maybe it was all the lovely inspiration channelling through the television, but this little Jayne has come out so wonderfully I am in love! The colours are fabulous and I had the perfect drill in my stash to use for the back and the facings. And the most wonderful vintage buttons to finish it off. I wish this was my size, or even Lotties, but sadly I only had enough of the drill to make a size 1. Oh well it is off to the shop on the 2nd. Luckily there is enough tablecloth left to make something for my girl too.

9 comments:

Ainslie said...

Hi Ingrid, I admit I had a late night last night too, watching the Oscars. I don't normally watch them, but as soon as I flicked the channel, I was hooked. The most recent movie I've seen is 'Enchanted' (Chloe and I loved it...especially me!!!), so it was lovely to see them perform some of the songs from the movie. And the lady who won 'Best Actress' was just beautiful...so many great movies I must hire on DVD (that's the only time I get to watch them...unless we go to the cinema and that's usually only to watch kids movies!!!). That smock you made last night is adorable...you must have had lots of inspiration from all the beautiful 'Oscars' dresses.

Artsy Momma said...

Love that dress! Too cute.

Bec said...

Oh, I didn't get to see them at all - we had one not so well little girl last night so we had Play School on until she went to bed at 8.30pm (and us, being the party parents that we are, went to bed then too!!). I've decided instead to live the Oscars vicariously through Elsita (great blog, and she got to go to the Oscars this year - she even MADE her own dress). Ah well.... I've added the 2nd of March to my diary. I'd love to nab either that Jayne, or one of those smocks, for my daughter :)

Brierley & Clover said...

Love the fabric - wish I had a little girl to wear it! Looks great.

Kara said...

Hey there,

I just did a horrible naughty thing and connected you to a chain "7 things you didn't know about me"... its on my blog and you are tagged to do it as well.

:)

K

Corrie said...

oh that is so cute!!! love the colours and its beautiful

I love marion cotillard so that was great to see her win but I must admit I was out being a brown owl for the night so only got the end of it

mmmmmm coffee....yum I miss it

Brenda said...

I think I commented on this gorgeous dress on Flickr, but I'll say it again - it's gorgeous and I love it. I've made a few of this style and I can never figure out it it looks better so have the buttons on the front or the back piece of the dress, IYKWIM??

Helen said...

Ingrid I was dissappointed "our Cate" didn't win anything either. She flew all that way!

Claire Falkingham said...

This is gorgeous Ingrid!