Friday, February 22, 2008

made with love

Here are the goodies I made for Andrea as part of the eb valentine swap. I really wanted to make something for her, rather than her kids. The first thing I did was choose the fabric. I decided on a wonderful hydrangea print linen. I found this at a thrift sale ages ago but I only have a few small pieces, so I was waiting for the perfect little project.

I have been wanting to try out making some fabric coasters as I have seen some lovely ones around the blogs lately. So this is my version. I used the hydrangea print on the front and backed them with the most beautiful linen that once belonged to Mr Bigs nana. I am so pleased with how these came out although next time I may add half an inch to the square so they are bigger. I used a lovely piece of trim to bundle them up and keep them stored all together.


Next I came across this wonderful tutorial via Novys blog. I really like the idea of having somewhere to store all my cards, or even some extra cash, so this little change purse was just perfect. Now I just need to make one for myself as well.
The other part of the swap was to share some goodies from your stash as well as something sweet. So here is a bundle of red that went off in the package. There was also one of these inside, as it isnt valentines day without some chocolate. And if you havent tried this chocolate then run out and get some now. It is seriously good and seeing as it is organic and fair trade you dont have to feel guilty at all for indulging.

5 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Lovely stuff you have made for Andrea!

Where do you get the chocolate? I really must try it now.

CurlyPops said...

The coasters and change purse are lovely. The hydrangea print is really pretty.

goatinacoat said...

Those coasters look very well made, and are some of the better ones I've seen online! I've seen them before and thought maybe they look a bit too "home made", but your ones have really inspired me :)

Natalie said...

Beautiful things you've made Ingrid! I love the fabric coasters, we just bought a new coffee table so I told Steve that I wanted to make some new coasters for it too! I just adore that chocolate too, we pick some up whenever we see it!

Tamara said...

I love it all, again!
..the lovely old fabric
..you're lovely neat sewing
..the little purse
and of course the extras.